Brand New 2008 bruteforce. Need Help? - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Brand New 2008 bruteforce. Need Help?

I just purchased a 2008 750 brute. Its been in the showroom for about a year. has never been touched. anyway, theres only one problem. Every time I use my front brakes my brute pulls to the left, a lot! I noticed the left tire is braking more than the right... wondering if its the bleeding of the brakes or the master way on top.... Could someone help me with this? by the way, im new here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 AM
RCW
BTK Expert

The first thing you want to do is check your tire air pressure. These tires are very sensitive to air pressure and one that is even at only 2 psi more than the other will be larger in diameter and have greater braking force, pulling to that side.

If that is not the case, then check the circumference of all your tires with a tape measure. If one is larger from a manufacturing defect or from being overfilled and setting for a long time, that is the way it will pull.

If the brake is spongy then bleeding is in order, but normally air in a brake line will diminish braking equally and not result in pulling to one side or the other. Several motorcycle accessory manufacturers do sell a modified bleed valve that makes this process much simpler than with the OEM valve.

Sometimes the caliper slides get sticky from corrosion, and that can cause one side to pull slightly, but usually you will hear this as a squeaking or scraping from one side or the other.

If toys will get me in the door when it is time to go, I have it made!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

could it also be one caliber is seized? It's been sitting for a year doing nothing!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
RCW
BTK Expert

Normally a caliper will not seize unless it has been submerged and water has leaked past the external seals. Then they develop a bit of corrosion and bind.

That is really easy to check, just jack the rig up and spin the wheels one by one and have a helper actuate the brakes. The wheel that continues to turn should have the caliper inspected.

If toys will get me in the door when it is time to go, I have it made!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

In that case it's not the caliper...I checked the tire pressure and both front tires are at 4-1/2 psi...so thats ok... could it also be the allignment? maybe when the dealer put it together, they did a poor job? And for the tires,I didn't measure yet... by the way u have been very helpful, thankyou!!! Another little thing since u have experience in this, before purchasing my 2008 I had a 2006 brute750 carb and I find it was much fatser than the 2008... the only difference is my tires on the old one were original tire and rim...Now on my knew one I still have my original size but they are the SS mags and ITP mudlite tires..Could this affect my power on a straight away?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page