1989 klf300 need help - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

1989 klf300 need help

hi guys I have a 1989 klf300 4x4 it starts and idles immediately but when I rev it it misses terrible,but when I leave it idle for 5/10 mins it revs and the bike goes really well.but as soon as I turn it off for 10/15 minutes it starts immediately and idles but misses like crap again but if left to idle it don't matter how long it still does not rev up.i put new rings,new regulator/rectifier,coil,plug.I have cleaned the carb many times I have got mixture right now I think because the plug is brown,i have reground the valves and set them at 0.15 for inlet and 0.20 for exhaust.i have changed all the jets and set float level at 17mm.checked timing.could someone please help I am getting fed up of it now to put it lightly.thanks p.s forgot to say stator is chucking between 13.5 to 14.4v at battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:25 PM

Start with checking that the manual choke is operating, give the cable a little free play and check that the rubber on the end at the carb isn't cracked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page