Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Mounting hwy pegs?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  2WheelFun 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You're going to have to mount them where they feel comfortable for you. It might help to have a friend over to hold the pegs in different positions to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I ended up placing mine fairly far down the crash bar because I like to rest my heels on the floorboards and my toes on the highway bars around town.

Looking at your pics, I don't think those will be in the way of anything. If that's what you're concerned about.

#6 ·
Trikebubble & Confused,

Can you tell me what model # your pegs are? I assume they are from Kuyurken? My engine guards for my Vulcan 900 are due in this Friday and want to add some pegs as well. I lke both styles you have but have not decide on which one yet.

Thanks.

#7 ·
Buzzman said:
Trikebubble & Confused,

Can you tell me what model # your pegs are? I assume they are from Kuyurken? My engine guards for my Vulcan 900 are due in this Friday and want to add some pegs as well. I lke both styles you have but have not decide on which one yet.

Thanks.
Mine are Kuryakyn Large ISO Male-Mount Pegs
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...tegory_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=700

And i have the Magnum Quick Clamp to attach them to the highway bar
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...egory_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=7717

#8 ·
I had mine from my 650. Don't know the #. I traded that in but kept the pegs. When I went to put them on my Nomad I discovered the Nomad has 1.25" engine guards, my 650 had 1". So I ordered new clamps, but was able to use everything else. So I think that is what you need to make sure is correct. The right clamp for the right guard dia. Good Luck

#9 ·
trikebubble said:
So I could take off my arm and just run the peg and clamp? Didn't think of that if it's possible. That opens up more options. Mine, the way they are mounted, seem to really stick out there. On the other side it does bring them back to me some. Looks like I will have to be doing some riding with them in different spots.

#11 ·
Guys.... I would like to offer a suggestion.
When you mount your highway pegs...Weather you mount them high or low ...or close up or further out.
The pegs mounts (hinges)need to be in a way that when they fold up...they need to be angled so that they fold up toward you at an angle instead of folding straight up into the air.

This way... if and when you snag something as you go beside it... the pegs will fold up as they hit whatever you snag on.
If the pegs fold up straight as I see some of yours are.... when and if your pegs accidently catch on something.... You won't get stopped suddenly and jerked into dropping the bike.

My .02

Hopefully yall understand what I'm trying to say.

#14 ·
I had trouble with the pegs slipping on the tubes. Someone suggested that I cut some innertube material but I thought that would be too bulky for the clamps to close tightly.

I went out and bought a unlubed condom, cut it to line the clamp. It was thin and the clamp closed full without any problems.

I would imagine that this rubber lining will protect the paint on the frame as well.

Will this make my riding safer? I'm afraid that I won't feel the road as much as I used to.

#15 ·
Mount them where they feel right for you.

While highway cruising I'll place my heals over the highway pegs as that's more comfortable for me than placing my feet on top of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.