Scootworks 900 Lowering kit - help - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
BTK Intermediate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 215
Scootworks 900 Lowering kit - help

Hey all...just got my kit via FedEx today. GREAT service from Scootworks. I ordered online four days ago and the part arrived yesterday. That includes crossing the border/customs, and travelling about 3000 miles.

I am looking for pics of 900 Customs lowered 2" and 3". I've seen a few pics but I'm really not clear on what the difference between 2" and 3" would look like.

I rarely ride 2-up and have Cobra Shorts on my Custom, so I'm not too worried about dragging pipes, so I'm thinking about 3".

Any feedback and/or pics greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Formerly 2003 Vulcan 800 Classic. Then 1996 GPZ 1100. Now 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom.
tandt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Waiting for happy hour
BTK Expert
 
predfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandt View Post
Hey all...just got my kit via FedEx today. GREAT service from Scootworks. I ordered online four days ago and the part arrived yesterday. That includes crossing the border/customs, and travelling about 3000 miles.

I am looking for pics of 900 Customs lowered 2" and 3". I've seen a few pics but I'm really not clear on what the difference between 2" and 3" would look like.

I rarely ride 2-up and have Cobra Shorts on my Custom, so I'm not too worried about dragging pipes, so I'm thinking about 3".

Any feedback and/or pics greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
I'd say go 2"...3" looks slammed (that looks great but may rub or bottom out on 2 up riding).
predfan2001 is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Member
BTK Beginner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fallujah
Posts: 55
Let us know how this works out and what kind of issues you run in to. I am considering installing a lowering kit on the wife's bike because she can't get both heels on the ground and really wants to. I think 2" will do it for her but I will take it down three if that is viable. I hardly ever ride her bike so this would a non issue for me.
Vulcansownr is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
BTK Expert
 
TX 900 Custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lake Conroe, TX
Posts: 350
Mines 2"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A!.JPG (421.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg A2.JPG (435.6 KB, 62 views)

2007 Black Vulcan 900 Custom, Lotsa Mods
TX 900 Custom is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
BTK Intermediate
 
racerboy6996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX 900 Custom View Post
Mines 2"
Is that with the stock tire size?

'08 VN 900 custom
racerboy6996 is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 26
ive heard there is a bolt by the rear tire with three different positions that you can lower the custom is this true and if so is it easy to do (or does it need to go to a shop) and if i do do it that way do i need to lower the front at all this is something im looking to do soon so any help would be really helpfull thanks in advance
new vulcan ride is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Stealth Custom
Forum Supporter
 
Trashman900C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by new vulcan ride View Post
ive heard there is a bolt by the rear tire with three different positions that you can lower the custom is this true and if so is it easy to do (or does it need to go to a shop) and if i do do it that way do i need to lower the front at all this is something im looking to do soon so any help would be really helpfull thanks in advance
you have to buy a kit to achieve this 1,2, or 3 inch drop........
Scootworks - Kawasaki Lowering Kits and Suspension Accessories

This with a 2" drop.........

Trashman900C is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
BTK Intermediate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 215
Wow...beautiful black bikes...thanks for posting these.

Anyone have pics of a 3" drop?

Formerly 2003 Vulcan 800 Classic. Then 1996 GPZ 1100. Now 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom.
tandt is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Stealth Custom
Forum Supporter
 
Trashman900C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandt View Post
Wow...beautiful black bikes...thanks for posting these.

Anyone have pics of a 3" drop?
search for the member VULCAN ACEHOLE, he has a 3" drop on his 900 classic..
Trashman900C is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
BTK Intermediate
 
ShinobiU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 270
Here's 3". I don't have better pic ATM.

ShinobiU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome