My bike has been in the shop for over a month, they think it is the ECU. Before I jump off and spend $1000 on a new one, does anyone in the Dallas area have one I can borrow to see if that is even the real issue?
1. How many miles on it?
2. How long have you owned?
3. How long does it run before acting up?
4. Does it recover and if so, when?
5. Any modifications...pipes, processor, etc?
6. Any work done?
7. Is the FI light on?
8. Any current or historical codes?
ECU,s give little to no trouble on these, so it would be waaay down on the list of suspects.
1. no, you can back off the throttle and then get back on the throttle and it will pick up
2. over the last year, that is when I changed the coils and plugs
3. started after I had water in my gas (they drained the tank and fuel pump), this happened on a long ride in the rain from dallas to new orleans
1. Just to be sure, you are driving along, engine begins to stutter, you back off the throttle and you are on your way again?
2. Does it seem to happen under load or going up a hill, etc. or at a stoplight, part throttle cruise, etc?
3. Any other issues, no matter how minor/unrelated now/ever?
1. Yes, ex: when it starts to stutter and I stop at a light I have to drag the clutch to get it to go and then 1st and 2nd it still stutters and sputters but when I pick up 3rd it picks up like it is supposed to. When I am riding, and not stopping at a light, it will now stutter and I have to give it more throttle. The shop says it has 75 cylinder pressure in both heads and then when it happens it drops off, the front head gets higher pressure and the back jug drops down.
2. Now it doesn't seem to matter, happens more frequently
3. none that I know of, this is the first major issue since I have owned it