500/750/800/900cc - Page 454 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4531 of 4540 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 AM
Stoopit Moderator
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter

Re: 500/750/800/900cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan69 View Post
I have a 1996 Vulcan 800 Classic that has been mostly trouble free. It started making a noise recently, when taking off and less when riding at speed it sounds like something is rolling around. Pull the clutch in, it goes away.
I am assuming it's clutch noise. It made the same noise once when the petcock leaked fuel into the crankcase. I tried changing the oil but no difference.
If it is the clutch I am going to replace it. Anyone have a recommendation on what clutch kit to get? Any opinions on EBC?
Thanks!
Barnett.

Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 4540 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 06:57 PM

Cool Re: 500/750/800/900cc

I put premium in all of my machines. Aw, just a few cents more for so few gallons. Why? Because the premium holds its octane value longer and does not degrade as quickly as "cheap" stuff. Also, sometimes I don't ride one machine or another for a few months, and the premium is less likely to be degraded. Also, we still have frauds on the market, big and small. It's harder to cheat on premium because an engine that requires premium will let you know loudly when you're feeding it crap, OR, as in my BMW, it will power down.
post #4533 of 4540 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 04:50 AM
BTK Beginner

Hiya Guys and Gals,

I've got a 500A Vulcan and i'm wondering what MPG and what cruising and top end speed you get out of your machines?

Many Thanks

Robert....

post #4534 of 4540 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:50 AM

Garage
Hey guys,

I got a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and have a slight issue. When I bought it I never noticed because I was alone, but once a passenger got on the bike I noticed the rear tire keeps scraping against something, especially when going through speed bumps, but often just on the regular street.

I adjusted the shocks to the tightest setting and it didn't help. I also got some used Vulcan 750 shocks and adjusted those to the tightest settings - didn't help either. Have any of you encountered a similar problem? Are there any better shock alternatives made by some other manufacturer? I need this solved, as I often have a passenger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: this is a duplicate post. Please GO TO THIS THREAD to reply. Thank you.

Last edited by rbentnail; 12-29-2016 at 12:29 PM.
post #4535 of 4540 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:05 PM

1996 VN800A OEM Jet Sizes

Quick question here! What are the stock jet sizes on the 1996 VN800A? Thanks!
post #4536 of 4540 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:38 AM

Hey, I've got a 95 Vulcan 800 had it for one year and no issues all last summer, last winter it was winterized and put in proper warm storage. I came to take it out for the first time the other day, fired first time, had to leave it on choke for a while to warm up as its still quite cold 6/7 degrees C, topped up the fuel with fresh fuel took it for a ride and its started running on only one cylinder (front) there is pressure coming from the exhaust but it isnt heating up at all and a tiny bit of white smoke came out but stopped. Now im the first to admit being my first bike i dont really know a great deal about these types of engines and carbs etc so im a bit stuck, thought i'd ask here trying to get it to a garage.

Thanks
post #4537 of 4540 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:25 AM
BTK Beginner

One thing I would recommend would be getting a service manual or one of those repair manuals for your motorcycle and number two definitely take it to a shop it sounds like you might have some severe engine problems as far as seals and gaskets after a while they get old you need to be replaced

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
post #4538 of 4540 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 PM

Check the rear spark plug, it gets easily fouled. Then maybe the petcock because if it is leaking even a little it can cause fouling when bike is not used even for a few days.
post #4539 of 4540 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakli View Post
What gas are you using? I just purchased an 02 Vulcan 500 used. Someone told me it has a high performance engine so I should use premium gas. Is this correct?
I have a Vulcan 800 Classic 1997 and use 87 no problems, give it a try if you get some ping go to 89.
I am running a Thunder S&S Air Kit, Thunder Jets, Power Commander, and Cobra Pipes.
post #4540 of 4540 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 12:05 AM

Any news on what was wrong, did you get it fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page