LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 711 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Banned
BTK Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Chromequeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdaugharty
Here is my first HD picture post .....

Anxiously awaiting my custom dartboard cover.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM
BTK Intermediate

Question What to do about "Blowby"? Need Advice

Well I bought my '03 1500 Nomad FI in March.....it had approximately 17,500 miles on it. I changed the oil and replaced the plugs. 1500 miles later it was low on oil and a lifter started tapping. I was wondering where the oil went. I took it to the dealer and had the lifters replaced (thank god it is under warranty) and I got it back last Thursday just in time for a ride to Florida on Memorial Day weekend. Drove about 1000 miles and lost 3/4 qt. of oil. Actually I had to put some in before coming home. I did some investigation yesterday on the net and found out about "blowby". I seem to have the symptoms.....I have oil in the breather and I am loosing oil. The bike does not smoke or leak oil and it only has around 20,000 miles on it now. I talked with the Dealer Service Mgr. today and he also concluded that I probably had blowby. He said that he was going to call Kawasaki to see if there were any fixes for it. He thought that there was too much pressure in the crankcase.
That being said, I found a possible fix over on Gadget's website (http://www.gadgetjq.com/cc_breather.htm). He suggests using a crankcase breather. It is a small breather that you attach to the crankcase tube instead of going through the bike breather. Any suggestions on the use of this or any other fixes that anyone knows of? I am worried about doing permanent damage to the bike if I keep riding it without fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Kebo
post #23 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebo
Well I bought my '03 1500 Nomad FI in March.....it had approximately 17,500 miles on it. I changed the oil and replaced the plugs. 1500 miles later it was low on oil and a lifter started tapping. I was wondering where the oil went. I took it to the dealer and had the lifters replaced (thank god it is under warranty) and I got it back last Thursday just in time for a ride to Florida on Memorial Day weekend. Drove about 1000 miles and lost 3/4 qt. of oil. Actually I had to put some in before coming home. I did some investigation yesterday on the net and found out about "blowby". I seem to have the symptoms.....I have oil in the breather and I am loosing oil. The bike does not smoke or leak oil and it only has around 20,000 miles on it now. I talked with the Dealer Service Mgr. today and he also concluded that I probably had blowby. He said that he was going to call Kawasaki to see if there were any fixes for it. He thought that there was too much pressure in the crankcase.
That being said, I found a possible fix over on Gadget's website (http://www.gadgetjq.com/cc_breather.htm). He suggests using a crankcase breather. It is a small breather that you attach to the crankcase tube instead of going through the bike breather. Any suggestions on the use of this or any other fixes that anyone knows of? I am worried about doing permanent damage to the bike if I keep riding it without fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Kebo
Certainly sympathize with your problem. I agree that Gadgets fix looks like a good possible solution BUT I believe I'd suggest it to your dealer & see if he would want to perform the fix!! If you're still under warrenty don't do anything yourself that could possibly let the dealer void the warrenty! Seems to me if he put the lifters in under warrenty that he's obligated to finish correcting the problem!! I'd also give him a little time to see if Kaw has their own fix that they'll stand behind.

Just my 2
Good luck & keep us posted!

011 Nomad
14" Apes
Trunk

post #24 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 07:35 AM
BTK Intermediate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchinguy
Certainly sympathize with your problem. I agree that Gadgets fix looks like a good possible solution BUT I believe I'd suggest it to your dealer & see if he would want to perform the fix!! If you're still under warrenty don't do anything yourself that could possibly let the dealer void the warrenty! Seems to me if he put the lifters in under warrenty that he's obligated to finish correcting the problem!! I'd also give him a little time to see if Kaw has their own fix that they'll stand behind.

Just my 2
Good luck & keep us posted!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am waiting to hear back for the Dealership. I will give him another day or so and then call them.
post #25 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 08:03 PM
BTK Expert

Send a message via MSN to tdaugharty

Thomas Daugharty
Atlanta, GA -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-------------------------------------------------
Seen on a motorcycle’s rearviews:
“Warning: objects seen in mirror are disappearing rapidly”

Quote: "Knowledge produces more knowledge, ignorance often generates overconfidence!!"
post #26 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:50 AM
BTK Expert

Rofflez and wafflez- let the Harley gallery begin
That's one sharp looking MS you got there man

Phatboy

04 1600 Classic Black
02 Dodge Cummins
post #27 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:54 AM
BTK Expert

I want to play too. Which one looks better??

I'll give you a hint- its red =P

Phatboy

04 1600 Classic Black
02 Dodge Cummins
post #28 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

Hmmmmm???

At the risk of getting shot & hung up by the....uh...oh well... always liked the looks of the solid polished V-Rod wheels. Wonder how they'd look on a 1600 classic?
Just wonderin....any thoughts?

Heads up

011 Nomad
14" Apes
Trunk
post #29 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Red Lodge Approved
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchinguy
Hmmmmm???

At the risk of getting shot & hung up by the....uh...oh well... always liked the looks of the solid polished V-Rod wheels. Wonder how they'd look on a 1600 classic?
Just wonderin....any thoughts?

Heads up
agreed on there LOOKS.. but when your going down the highway and the wind blows.. ouch.. they really let the wind push u all over..

Ian
2005 Kawasaki V2K - Black

I wouldnt trust a man that didnt try to steal a little...
post #30 of 711 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
Extreme Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy
I want to play too. Which one looks better??

I'll give you a hint- its red =P

Hmmm, i'd pick the gray one...But for my 25grand I would at least like to not have turn signals stuck to the bars, and I think someone forgot the radiator.
And they also missed milling holes into the wheels, that'd be fun in a crosswind, and while some like the looks of a $5 camper tailight, I would rather have one from a motorcyle attached to my rear fender. Boy am I perplexed, which one to pick?

So you want to buy a sportbike as your first bike and have questions?
Please Read First:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Midnite Sapphire Blue ZX-14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page