BTK Expert
Originally Posted by Guitarosaur View Post
studded seats
whitewall tires
"aero" fenders
"war bonnets"
"Z" bars
a third wheel
Ha! My cat read that and is laughing his a s s off. I won't mention what he said.

post #63 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Pappa Bear
BTK Beginner
Charlie Jones said, "I am tired of people using money they don't have to buy something they don't need to impress people they don't like!"

It may not be for you or me, but if somebody wants to put a bunch of stuff on his bike that he likes, God bless him!

I hate apes- but if someone likes them, and enjoys riding with them, I can be happy for him even though it ain't my style. If we were all the same, we would all have 1972 Ladas in flat black, and ride Mopeds- long live the independent spirit!

post #64 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Pappa Bear
BTK Beginner
Hey Ninja,
I had a 95 red/white Virago just like that one of yours. Looked great, but being about 360, I looked like I was riding a Shetland Pony!

Miss it for the fun, but 30 miles and I was ready for a rest- got to tell those little guys in the Orient, that one size does not always fit all!

post #65 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 AM
BTK Intermediate
Originally Posted by Guitarosaur View Post
studded seats
whitewall tires
"aero" fenders
"war bonnets"
"Z" bars
a third wheel
Things i put on mine

Studded seat
Big Windshield

And i don't give a rats *** if you like it or not

P.G.R. & U.S. Navy Vet
07 1600 Classic
post #66 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:11 AM
BTK Expert
Rock on Buzz I didnt put apes on mine for anybody elses back, and could care less what they think it is mine.If you dont like then dont look or judge.
post #67 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
BTK Expert
Most things you listed I agree with. As with most things in life, a little bit of bling looks ok, but so many people go overboard. I can't think of one thing that is "decorative only" on my bike. However, if I add something that is functional, I do try to make it looks as good as possible.

Some things are a compromise because I use my bike as a commuter year long. For example:

I much prefer the look of my bike without bags, but I don't like spending 10 minutes every day bungie cording a bunch of crap to my bike either. I could not use the bike as an everyday commuter without hard bags.

I don't like windshields, but I don't like riding in 35 degrees with the wind on my chest either, so I use a quick removable shield when it gets cold.

I don't like the look of a sissy bar, but I love having my wife on the back of the bike more than I dislike the sissy bar.

I have personally evolved to the point that I no longer worry about the looks of the bike with all of the "practical" stuff on it. I am able to ride the bike more often due to the compromise in looks, and that is enough for me.

As far as others disagreeing with me... as the old saying goes: "If two people think exactly alike, one of them isn't neccesary." Different personalities are what make the world interesting. Who wants a bunch of clones riding around on bikes that all look the same?

Doug Green
2007 Red Yamaha Roadliner S
2006 Black Mean Streak (sold)
Honda Spirit 750 (sold)
post #68 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Driver of the Motobago
BTK Intermediate
Air cooled engines
Suspension I can’t adjust
Uncomfortable seats
Clunky transmissions
Mediocre brakes
Bad ergonomics

Ah…………am I missing the point here?
post #69 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Forum Supporter
It's good that everyone has different likes and dislikes. Of course it's all opinions, so no offence should be taken. Then there's going to be opinions on opinions. Such is life. I hate valve stems, without covers. It makes the bike look so unfinished.

07, Z1000
01, XVS1100LC Yam cust.
post #70 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
BTK Expert
I love my bike!
I lived awhile making a good wage and had some of the better things at one time. Now I’m retired and surviving on a disability check. I feel so blessed to have a bike and polish it when I cant ride. I made a tank bib, made some motor guard chaps that set inside and don’t cover the chrome like the $140 ones. The things I’ve done have me thinking that everyone is checking out my bike- I love it. Today a guy parked his Harley next door and drew a crowd from the party he was attending. This thing shined! He had everything big money could buy. You had to stand on the pegs to reach the apes. It had big star shaped ends on the long pipes. His mirrors were shaped like iron crosses. A Christmas tree with everything you could buy. As they all pointed and wowed over this Harley I rode out on my KAWASAKI. I was so content. That thing looked like cr%&! It looked like it belong to a Mexican general. Have you ever seen a horse in a parade with all the glitter and rhinestones. Its all about style--be who you are and don’t worry about others opinion. Im sure this guy loves what he’s done with his bike. My point was that It did not impress me as mine would not impress him. Be yourself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page