Installed Sc project crt, need to retune ECU? - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Installed Sc project crt, need to retune ECU?

I installed a Sc project crt exhaust on my Kawasaki Z800 7 months ago. I've read that need a power commander to reach maximum power. I also read in a bike forum that someone said if i install the SC project CRT exhaust without retunning (remapping) ECU, it'll harm/make damage to the engine, is that right? I'm so confusing!!! After 7 months with ~4000km, whether it made any damage to the engine? So do i have to retune my ecu or just do nothing? Please help!
P/s:Sorry for my bad English.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:40 AM

Just adding a slip on isn't going to damage anything. I'd say you need it for a full system due to the A/F probably being lean.

How do you like it? I was looking at their stuff as an option for my Z900.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I like this CRT because it's smaller, lighter than the stock one, and looks fitting with my bike. However, its sound may be quite loud to some people. So i think you should choose the GP-M2, or something attached with DB-killer (they are also lighter, smaller, but be able to adjust the sound - by removing the db killer)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page