Hey Girls.....Intro Yourself

Tell us about yourself.....
What you do, ride, hobbies, etc......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
2007 RED HOT Ninja 650R!
Forum Supporter

Hey girls...Kelly aka Ninjagirl here.....
I grew up in Bend Oregon and have been riding "motorized vehicles" off/on for the past 30years....yep I am turning 40 at the end of the month....

I have ridin ATV, Snowmobiles, Dirtbikes and even a Dunebuggy!! The Ninja is my "first" streetbike, and I love it.

I have lived in Phoenix for 8years and I work at American Express as a Corporate Travel Agent/Computer Tech.
I like to read, cook and hang out with friends. I love wines and Alfred Hitchcock movies!!
post #3 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 10:58 PM

I have been riding for about five years--all on the street, no dirt experience worth mentioning. I started with a progression of cruisers, then moved over to the sportbike world. The EX 500 was my first sportbike. I currently ride an R-6 and a Gixxer thou, and I sometimes admit to riding a 650 Beemer.

I'm a freelance writer and a retired corporate pilot. I'm fond of Aikido, jogging, and target pistol shooting. Also, eating lots of sweet junk food.

I live in the middle of nowhere and have a 1,000 ft., sloping, dirt and gravel driveway which makes riding sportbikes in the winter interesting--hence the GS Beemer.

My friends call me "Charlie" (for Charlene.)

post #4 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Motorcycle Momma
Forum Supporter

Kelly,

My name is Heather , I am 49 years old. I bought my first bike when I was 19.( my Mom freaked out )..before I even knew how to drive a stick (car).

I have ridden bikes most of my life in all types of weather. I enjoy cruisin, baking, target shooting with pistols, hunting, camping and gardening. I have a husband (Mack) who also loves bikes and two boys..Patrick is 13 and Joshua will be 17 this month!!. They both enjoy reading 2up on the back of our bikes.

I am an Executive Assistant for a small chemical company..push paper and do Compliance and Regulatory Affairs

Heather

Retired and Glad to be Back
1981 KZ550A
post #5 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I miss you, Deron
Extreme Forum Supporter

I'm new to the forum, but not to motorcycles. I turned 50 last week, and I started riding (dirt bikes) when I was 16. I had a bike when I was in my late 20s; I rode it every day.

I just started riding again after a 20-year hiatus. I took the MSF course a couple of months ago with my husband (a new rider); it was a great refresher. Hubby bought a 2003 BMW F650GS a month ago, but I don't really feel comfortable on it. I just bought a 2001 Vulcan 800A, and I love it. The previous owner put quite a few custom parts on it, and it looks and rides (and sounds) great.

I live in northern Colorado (third-generation Colorado native--there aren't many of us), but I've also lived in Portland, Oregon; Geneva, Switerland; and Rockland County, NY. I have two sons--29 and 26. I work as a technical editor for a magazine called Windows IT Pro (very boring). In my spare time, I work on stained glass projects and redecorate my house.

It's nice to see more and more women riding these days. Our next-door neighbors both ride (they have Harleys); we're going to start riding with them. Too bad the season's almost over.

In memory of my friend Deron Harden. Life isn't going to be the same without him.
post #6 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Motorcycle Momma
Forum Supporter

Julie,

Welcome back!!!!! I have an older BMW in the Garage right now. I am hoping that my husband will do the restoration on it this winter so that it will be ready in the Spring.

This Ladies only forum was NinjaGirls idea.....its working out great!!!!

Hope to see you up here a lot!!!!

Heather
Eide SAfe/Ride Sane

1981 KZ550A
post #7 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
BTK Beginner

This is unbelievable - all the women who've posted on this thread are 40 and over. My name is Miki and I live in North Bend WA, which is 30 min outside of Seattle. (They filmed Twin Peaks here). I've been on the street for a couple of years with 14 years in the dirt. I'm on my 4th street bike and am having the time of my life. Currently I have a Ducati M750 and a Kawi Z750 - that's right I'm a 750 fanatic.

Girls - we all know other ladies (I know there's not a lot) let's try real hard to get them on this forum. Get this place livened up a bit, and slowly get the guys out - you'll find we'll feel less inhibited when that happens.

Miki

I'm just a girl, little ol' me, don't let me out of your sight ...
post #8 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Motorcycle Momma
Forum Supporter

Miki,

it is cool.....I think we must all have a rebellious streak in us to have started riding that log ago ......I used to be in the Navy and stationed across the bay in Bangor. I have been all up and down the west coast on my bike....rode my BMW all year round in the Pacific North West.

I tried off road biking when I first started riding, but didn't have much fun and kept loosing turn signals

I got to go for now...drop me a PM if you like.

Heather

1981 KZ550A
post #9 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 10:17 PM
BTK Beginner

Heather:

How did you end up in KY???? Are you really happy there???? You've accomplished and have seen so much and you're obviously an independent woman - that why I have to ask "Kentucky???" I almost feel like you're too worldly to live there. I've been there a couple of times, this was back in the 70's, and when I walked into a store/rest EVERYONE stared at me. Please tell me more about yourself and where you live!!!

Miki

PS - Just to set the record straight, Jetgal and I are best friends, we're always f*cking with each other on forums. We find it entertaining.

I'm just a girl, little ol' me, don't let me out of your sight ...
post #10 of 1738 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Motorcycle Momma
Forum Supporter

Miki,

My husband is a KY native from a little one horse town south of Bowling Green called Lewisburg....When I was getting close to retirement in the US Navy I started looked for a place to settledown. The only place that I could afford a house with a bit of acreage was here in KY....wanted to settle down in WA, Montana or Idaho, but land was too expensive.

It is true that I am very worldly compared to the natives. But that is OK I am used to getting stared at...I have great neighbors and 56 acres of my own land to do what I please on. I am grateful that I was able to acheive my dream of owning a "farm" even if we only grow timber and rocks!!!!

Today was a gorgeous day to be out riding. So all four of us went for a ride to Glasgow to deposit my paycheck and to do some shopping. Then we went to Horse Cave for their yearly Heritage Festival. Free music, lot of exibits and booths. Had a great day.

Keep the rubber side down,

Heather

1981 KZ550A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page