Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
HJS

Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides

Quote:
The best way to solve all these problems is to just ride by yourself, old numero uno. But no man is an island, and group rides are their own special kind of fun. At MO, we definitely do our fair share of group rides. Here’s what we’ve learned about the things most likely to go wrong, and what you can do to ward them off ahead of time.
Read more about the Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Stoopit Moderator
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter

#11- The Chronic Late. He's the one who can't seem to ever be on time for anything. I've left people behind for this b/c when I say "kick stands up at 9" I don't mean 9:01, I mean 9. Sitting in the sun for 20 or 30 mins for these folks to show up irks the carp outta me. Don't get me wrong- I'm not talking about "slower" riders. We want everyone to be comfortable and ride his own ride. I'm talking about the jerk who can't ever be at the starting point on time.

Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:31 PM
BTK Expert

I don't have to worry about #1. If somebody wants to meet at Starsucks, they won't be riding with me.

2012 Vulcan 1700 Voyager
Cobra pipes
Kuraykyn grips
Mustang seat

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Stoopit Moderator
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Gibbs View Post
I don't have to worry about #1. If somebody wants to meet at Starsucks, they won't be riding with me.
Somebody I know mentioned Starbucks the other day day and I commented that I have never set foot in one. He couldn't believe it! I usually set up meets at either a gas station so everyone has the chance to get full at the start or my house, which has a gas station within 4 miles of whatever direction we go.

Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 AM
BTK Expert

We usually start at a gas station, our local leather shop, or the Harley shop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page