New Subsection for New Riders - Welcome aboard - Page 19 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Stoopit Moderator
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter

Re: New Subsection for New Riders - Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numan222 View Post
Mike Campbell here, recently purchased my first cruiser, and am now legal for the first time thanks to a MSF class taught at my local Harley Davidson shop.

Bought a 96 Vulcan VM1500D with a Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, and I'm adding a K&N filter and E3 plugs next weekend.

Great bike so far, lots of fun, and a great summer to ride here in SW Michigan.

I do have some questions, when I enter my vin into various sites online it says its a VN1500, but when i look for parts the only D I find is a "Classic"(which actually lists ad a VM1500D1?) my bike doesn't have any Classic badging, how can I tell?

Also it has an air cleaner housing on both sides but only has an air cleaner on the left side, right housing is empty? Was considering using the existing cleaner (that I'm replacing with the K&N) on the other side? thoughts?
I thought I found a kit to replace the unused housing but now I cant find it anymore?

Thanks for providing a place to discuss issues, problems, etc. and I look forward to being a part of this forum for years to come.

Mike
So as to not clog up this tread please post your questions in the "cruiser" section. Thx!

Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1400pilot View Post
this will be helpfull........we all will try our best to answer any questions
Did anyone say questions? Well guys, my name is Greg and I have a 1996 Kz 1000p. Got it about six months ago. The clutch started slipping so I got friction plates, springs, new bolts and washers and put it together. I used valvoline Ht racing oil and now it really slips. When cold you have to put the bike into gear release the clutch and rev the engine. After about 30 sec it will start to engage, maybe get you up to 30 MPH. As the bike warms up eventually the clutch starts to grab but not like it should. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike 053.jpg (503.0 KB, 2 views)
post #183 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:53 AM

Hello From Greece, Friendly Group glad I could join.

I am 29 years old and I have been riding for some months.

I am intreasted in buying the vulcan 650. Yes, i like cruisers. (the vulcan looks A M A Z I N G )
But i do have one question. The reason i want to buy a motorcycle is to make trips. Asphalt trips. I dont want it for every day use or going to gravel sections etc.
Touring across Europe, like crossing the Alpes or crossing Italy is my future plan. And the question is ,
can i travel like 500km per day or maybe more within 7 hours with that bike? It has to do with comfortness. Is that bike capable of traveling at speeds round 120/130 km/h and provide a "relax" ride? Or my spine and my booty are going to suffer? Of course all the trips are going to be made on highways or in provincial roads. Touring in Alpen villages is amazing experience!

Thank you in advance folks

Cheers

post #184 of 186 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Too Fast to handle

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Rune is my name, living in Norway. Owned a GPZ600R "Ninja", 1987, for 15 years and have had some good times on my bike, but unfortunately a lot of troubles. I'm here to figure out the problem and maybe help others With theirs.....

3 x Ford Capri, Kawa GPZ600R
post #185 of 186 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 AM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to MrsNiss
Hi All.
as a new rider i'm still learning the ins and outs of my bike (ninja 300 SE 2013) and i think this idea is BRILLIANT. trust me i will be dropping questions
Such as...
maintaining my bike... i have that chain lube stuff (not that it looks like i need it yet) but what about brake fluid and engine oil, where do i get this from? is it only sold by bike shops or can i go to a car shop (like supercheap auto)

From Sydney Australia if that helps

Last edited by MrsNiss; 06-16-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: additional question
post #186 of 186 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Stoopit Moderator
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNiss View Post
Hi All.
as a new rider i'm still learning the ins and outs of my bike (ninja 300 SE 2013) and i think this idea is BRILLIANT. trust me i will be dropping questions
Such as...
maintaining my bike... i have that chain lube stuff (not that it looks like i need it yet) but what about brake fluid and engine oil, where do i get this from? is it only sold by bike shops or can i go to a car shop (like supercheap auto)

From Sydney Australia if that helps
Brake fluid- any old brake fluid will do as long as it's the spec listed in your owner's manual. This is very important as different types (here in the States it's DOT3, DOT4, etc.) are not compatible with each other or with some of the seals and o-rings on your bike.

Engine oils and filters are a whole 'nother ball (or cricket ) game. What to use depends on who you ask. Again, consult your owners manual for weight specs and buy whatever you like. That's my opinion, other peoples' will vary greatly. I have used nothing but "automotive" oil, e.g., non-motorcycle specific oil, in my bike for the last 98,000 miles (157,715 km) with no detrimental effects at all.

Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page