The Widows Son
Extreme Forum SupporterForum Supporter
Originally Posted by CTRider
Plenty of sounds bug me, too. However, a few sounds grate on my nerves:
1) Tone - as in the sound that goes with color bars (aka: the test pattern) on TV. I go nuts in a room full of TV monitors and one of them somewhere is blasting tone. It's especially irritating when there are no color bars to indicate which monitor it is - just a black screen and that horrible sound.
2) A silent room and that whine that tube TVs make. It's this high pitched sound most people can't hear, but it pierces my brain.
3) The annoying (though not very loud) high pitched noise my Dell laptop power supply makes when it's plugged in, but turned off.
4) The rhythmic buzzing that the Quantel edit system computer cases occasionally make because of the combination of cheap cases and cheap fans. I've spent a good portion of many edit sessions with my foot against the side of a case to stop the buzzing sound from a loose panel.
5) Practically any musical cell phone ring.
Of course, since it's over 8 years old, my truck has developed a rattle in the driver's side door that bugs me. At least with that, I can always turn the music up louder....
Ughhh that sound from tube tvs is the worst!! Every single monitor I own is an LCD because of this. I've noticed some elevators do it as well.
2007 mean streak
It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy. Let's go exploring...
October 2008 Member of the Month