Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Loose Throtte...how do I adjust?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  slowair 
#1 ·
I know...I gotta get the book! I did do a search and there wasn't anything for "throttle adjustment". So here goes...

In the mean time, I'm trudging on trying to get this machine to where I have confidence in it.

The clutch adjustment has been taken care of. I'm going to be working on the carb overflow problem soon. (Removing rust from the tank and checking the floats.)

Next issue is the throttle. When idle or when I throttle back, there is still room to twist back some more. Doesn't do anything in that direction, but when accelerating, it can be tricky, because you twist the throttle a little and nothing happens until you twist some more and it can throw off your hand timing while changing gears.

I'm thinking this is a problem with a stretched or misadjusted cable. I know there are two cables attached to the grip. I can see where the cable goes to activate the throttle. When I turn the grip all the way back, I can see the part where the cable attaches come UP about 1/8 - 1/4 inch from it's resting position.

Do I adjust at the handle? At the engine? Both? Nether?

If you have the time, please be pretty detailed. I've already tried doing this myself and couldn't figure it out, so assume I'm pretty inexperienced. (Because I am.) :-D

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.