Mikuni Mystery - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Mikuni Mystery

Hello Again All:

Rehab of the 1975 KE100 proceeds. A question on the Mikuni carb and float level. I can't tell which carb type this is other than it has a twin float. Clymer manual specs range from .94 inch to 1.5 inch for the "A" float measurement. I'm guessing that the .94 might be correct, but would like to be more certain.

Can anyone here confirm this? Or, how would I go about finding the carb type number given that Mikuni is the only thing stamped on the unit?

Your consideration kindly appreciated...

Dave Mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM
BTK Intermediate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMo View Post
Hello Again All:

Rehab of the 1975 KE100 proceeds. A question on the Mikuni carb and float level. I can't tell which carb type this is other than it has a twin float. Clymer manual specs range from .94 inch to 1.5 inch for the "A" float measurement. I'm guessing that the .94 might be correct, but would like to be more certain.

Can anyone here confirm this? Or, how would I go about finding the carb type number given that Mikuni is the only thing stamped on the unit?

Your consideration kindly appreciated...

Dave Mo
U might look at the right side of the carb close to where it slips into the rubber intake tube, there is usually a small number lightly stamped into the metal. Typically 3 numbers over 1 number on the mikuny carbs that age I belive.

Jimmy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM
BTK Intermediate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimray23 View Post
U might look at the right side of the carb close to where it slips into the rubber intake tube, there is usually a small number lightly stamped into the metal. Typically 3 numbers over 1 number on the mikuny carbs that age I belive.

Jimmy
Sorry it looks like on that carb its on top of the clamp that attaches the carb to the engine

Jimmy

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Jimmy: Yup, I took a look right where you suggested, and there the number is in very light engraving. Many thanks again.

Dave Mo...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:46 PM
BTK Intermediate

Your welcome

Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page