Finally finished - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob1959

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

Finally finished

After buying my 1982 kz1000ltd in late 2014 I`ve finally finished the partial restoration which I thought was going to take a few months!I had to get a lot of parts from the US and sorting the US spec lighting was a headache(lights permanently on which I left the same once I figured it out with help from some other forum members)-but all sorted now,registered with a UK age related number plate and ready to roll
It`s fairly standard and I really enjoyed doing the work which included:new headlight unit,new turn signals(front&back),clutch rebuilt,brake master cylinders refurbished,new rear light unit,carbs stripped,sonic cleaned and rebuilt with new vacuum diaphragms and new carb fuel connectors-new battery,battery box,new tyres and lots of other parts,some of which were no longer available but I found on ebay after searching for ages..I did`nt do it all myself as my mechanical skills are`nt fantastic but did I do a fair bit,I`ve attached a couple of pictures before and after..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170324_185250.jpg (291.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20170324_185225.jpg (233.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20141108_121328.jpg (279.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20141108_121437.jpg (268.5 KB, 10 views)
RoadRunner322 likes this.

Current Bike: 1982 KZ1000LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:54 PM
BTK Expert

Agree on finding parts sometimes it's when the luck is on your side on Ebay. Nice Job.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 AM
BTK Expert

Very nice. For parts if you look long enough, it seems like just about anything turns up on eb. patience helps. After looking for over 6 mos., I got tired of waiting for a reasonably priced generator cover. then after buying nos, a very nice refurbished cover was listed the very next week for less than half of what I paid. doh.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

Thanks Brian and Martin, I always try and keep an eye on eBay in case any rare 'goodys' come up which I think may be useful down the line

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Current Bike: 1982 KZ1000LTD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page