Help finding parts - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Help finding parts

Ok guys, you've been super helpful so far with helping me find parts, need some more help. I got a 1985 Kawasaki 700 LTD. It needs new push/pull throttle cables and while I'm at it I was just planning on doing all new handlebars, controls, and cables. The handlebars right now are 7/8 inch. Got any recommendations for new throttle handle, and light/run/off/start switches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 AM
BTK Expert

I would replace the handlebars first. With flatter bars you may need a different master cylinder & long stem mirrors.
Emgo makes a number of handlebar controls. Z1Enterprises.com carries a couple of them that are stock type & they might be able to get any of the others.

For shorter control cables I would try to get oem from a standard model, such as a 750E/R/L or KZ700. from the Kawasaki dealer or eebbaayy. Z1Enterprises.com may list the measurements for comparison.

I installed Goodridge brake lines & fittings from Z1Entprises.com. Cyclebrakes.com has Galfer brake lines which have the fittings crimped on. There's less chance of leaks, but I haven't had any problems having separate fittings. With removable fittings, you can swap out to a different angle if necessary for whatever reason.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:24 PM

I'm looking a 2006 636 kawaski under tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:43 PM
BTK Expert

I usually buy all my stock parts from partzilla.com.

1985 Kawasaki ZN700 Shaft, 4cyl
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page