Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Zx6r Jet Kit

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rbentnail 
#1 ·
I Recently Purchased A Jet Kit For My 2001 Zx6r. Ive Put On Jet Kits Before On Older Bikes, And The Thing Is That The Jets Have Always Been Bigger In The Kit Then Were On The Bike Stock. The Stock Jets Are Bigger Than The Ones That Are In The Kit. Is This Right? Can Anyone Give Me Some Knowledge On This? Is This That Way By Design

#3 ·
yea i know that.... i was asking if the jet kit main jets should be smaller than the stock main jets, because i have always seen the jet kit jets being bigger than the stock ones, but it was the other way around and im trying to make sure that i got the right stuff before i put it in...... but thanks for the smart comment........lol

#6 ·
Jet kits don't necessarily give you more power, they are designed to balance you air to fuel ratio, which the A to F ratio can be altered by upgrading your air filter, gutting your exhaust, and carb syncing, etc...theoretically, jet kits give the bike better response, and take off power, but does not change the top speed really...the only reason you should need a jet kit is if you have upgraded your air filter(which alters the air to fuel making the bike run richer) and/or getting a custom exhaust with no baffles or restriction(basically a car with no cats) if u catch my drift...I dealt with the issue of purchasing a jet kit for my zzr, and the technician talked me out of it, i regret not getting one, becuz my bike runs rich....I'm not to sure about the size he jet kits are supposed to be, but I do know, they only make them for certain models and years...make sure your jet kit is designed for that year, if it is, then that's prolly how it's supposed to be...smaller jet creates more pressure, thus creating a faster blast of fuel, I could be wrong tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.