Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - '78 Z1R charging system question
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
bille6
BTK Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bille6 View Post
Thanks for replying. Looks like the brown connector is used for a hodge-podge of stuff and gathers output from the stator (blue connector), regulator (green connector) and rectifier (white connector) to finally route it back into the harness. The blue connector
also has input wires from the OP and neutral switches. I'm just about done except for neatening things up but haven't yet
made final connections or hit the button. Made a semi crude mounting plate for the new regulator, mounting it more or less
in place of the old rectifier. Will post back after trying it.

thanks again & hope the week goes well!

Haven't taken it for a ride yet but managed to get rid of those 4 connectors and put in (1) 3p weather pack for the new reg/rec connection and (1) 2p for the OP and Neutral indicators. Also removed the reserve lighting unit. I jumped the following connections in the harness connector: To get the headlight working, Blue-to-Blue/Yellow; tail light Red to Red-White;

Brake Light- On the harness 3P connector from the RLU, combined the Green/White and Blue and jumped this to

what appears to be blue-black . So the red tach indicator still lights when the brake is used. The rest of the pins are
empty. Just about any or ALL of the above stuff might be wrong or incomplete but so far they worked for me when testing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome