2009 Concours 14 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

2009 Concours 14

Torques
10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
What price should I pay for a brand new 2009 Concours 14 ABS without absolutely screwing the dealership but getting a killer deal myself?

etcthorne
10-09-2009, 03:42 PM
What price should I pay for a brand new 2009 Concours 14 ABS without absolutely screwing the dealership but getting a killer deal myself?

I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to this one! As soon as I can get my 2008 Nomad sold (5500 miles, mint, stock - know anyone looking for a showroom clean Nomad?), I'm in the ST market, with the 14 at the top of the list. I'd want it with the hard trunk (wired to tail lights) and hard cases installed as well.

If you're in a big city, it's been my experience that you might need to travel a couple hundred miles to get the best deals. Last three bikes I bought I traveled at least 200 miles from Virginia Beach and saved no less than $1,000 in each case for doing so.

RCW
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Around here they are going for about $4 grand below sticker. Just do not go to a dealer that also stocks the Yamaha FJR, as you will come out with it instead!

rbentnail
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Around here they are going for about $4 grand below sticker. Just do not go to a dealer that also stocks the Yamaha FJR, as you will come out with it instead!
I in no way prompted or paid for this opinion :D

The Vol-can
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM

I in no way prompted or paid for this opinion :D

Oh, sure...:wink:

rbentnail
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
:D :biggrin: :D

Torques
10-10-2009, 03:48 AM

What would be any advantages for the FJR over the Concours. I would really like to know, thanks.

rbentnail
10-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Not to stir the pot but are you considering a Concourse b/c it's a Kawasaki or b/c it's the best bike for you? Sounds like the latter. I didn't buy the Connie b/c it's too big for me, and too wide, and the seat angle sux, and...
https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/main-lobby/63866-my-emmie-gone.html (2nd page)

https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-touring-sport-touring
https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/main-lobby/65240-cruiser-vs-sport-tourer.html
/114739-motorcycle-com-09-st-shootout.html

Torques
10-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Are you kidding, I want to know the facts. I love my Kawi and intend to keep it but by adding a second bike, if the name has Yamaha on it, I'll get that in a heartbeat. I'm not that brand loyal. I don't think I want to pay the zx14 insurance, the Connie is like almost a quarter of the rate as the zx14. I assume the Yamaha will have similar insurance ratings to the connie.

buzz
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Likewise, interested in knowing what 09 non-abs Connies are selling for in other areas. My local (NC) dealer has a red one on the floor marked down to 10900. Since I've been getting service and buying parts from them for the VN1600 classic the past 3 years they said they could do a little better than that. The market for used Vulcans around here is not real brisk.
Also, just had a chance to watch and read about the 2010 C-14. Seems like they redesigned the fairings and windshield to reduce the heat problems and improved the mirror position. SO the question is, do I take a hit on the trade-in and work down the price on the 09 or just wait to see what the 2010 looks like?

northernman
10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
As a former FJR owner, I think my C14 is light years better than it was.

No more jerky throttle, wobbly front end, etc.

The kawi is vastly superior.

skewterdewd
10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Fly up to this corner of the country a month or two from now and you'll be able to make a screamin deal on a connie.

Did you contact Jim @ BTK? (our most excellent forum sponsor) It might be worth the effort....

rbentnail
10-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Are you kidding, I want to know the facts. I love my Kawi and intend to keep it but by adding a second bike, if the name has Yamaha on it, I'll get that in a heartbeat. I'm not that brand loyal. I don't think I want to pay the zx14 insurance, the Connie is like almost a quarter of the rate as the zx14. I assume the Yamaha will have similar insurance ratings to the connie.
No offense intended, it's just that "the facts" of one particular model compared to another are really all in the eye (and buttocks) of the beholder. The Connie just wasn't the bike for me but may well be the one for you. You really need to shop around, check out your choices and make your best guess.

COLINR3RD
12-03-2009, 05:18 PM
I paid 13,800 out the door in puerto rico!

riverboatking
01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
i just bought brand new 2009 black non abs and paid 13K out the door.
but im in san fran area so think everything is a lil more expensive.

the sticker price was 14,500...not sure how much more i could have got them down but i wanted it so bad and it was the last one and i suck at haggling.

anyways coming off a suzuki M50 with only 805cc i just LOVE the connie.

RoadRunner322
03-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Look on ebay. Lots of new bikes for sale on ebay.