your opinions please [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

your opinions please

DaveMc
10-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I removed the lower fairings and crash bars from my 2009 Voyager. What do you think about the looks?

Some observations:
- absolutely noticeably more windy in the riders seat with them off
- the engine seems to run one mark hotter on the temp gauge
- the bike seems to handle much easier with the lowers off; the handling now reminds me of my old Suzuki C50T

I personally like a bike to look skinny in front and fat in back, but I would be interested in how others think the bike looks with the lowers off. Does it (in your opinion) ruin the overall aesthetics of the bike?

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss253/davemc17/nolowersside.jpg
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss253/davemc17/nolowersfront.jpg

etcthorne
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
DaveMc. I like the look with the bars on, as I do with my Nomad. Even more with your bike. It does look clean with the bars off though..... I guess the more important issue is what happens if the bike tips over. Do the crash bars actually protect that expensive fairing?

johnathon amos
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Just my opinion, I'd leave them on for protection and looks.

Peejay
10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I was aslo thinking of removing the lower fairing, but leaving the bars on in the spring. But in my case it was because of the heat (Georgia weather). I was surprised to read that the engine actually got hotter with the lower fairing off.
DaveMc.... was it easy to remove the lower?? Also did you happen to take pic just with the bars ??.........I have the same bike as yours and was wondering what it would like with just the bars.

1st one
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I personally would leave bike as it was for various reasons less wind and less bug spats and more important I would leave engine guard on. This is my opinion

NCDave
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I like it better on too. Looks kinda odd with the fairing ending that way and nothing to take up the space.

DaveMc
10-12-2009, 09:40 PM
DaveMc.... was it easy to remove the lower?? Also did you happen to take pic just with the bars ??.........I have the same bike as yours and was wondering what it would like with just the bars.

Removing the lowers is actually easy. I can write up a set of instructions if you need them.

I did not take a photo of the bike with just the bars on. I think it looked the worst that way. The bars are very wide, and there are a couple of brackets welded onto the bars to hold the lowers that kind of spoil the looks of the bars with nothing attached to them.

BTW, I put everything back on yesterday!

VindianaJones
10-12-2009, 09:49 PM
It looks unfinished to me. Something just looks out of place.

Top K
10-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Interesting....would never have thought to try it......my initial reaction was that it made it look like the Harley that has a rigid fairing (model?). My second reaction was it looks like something is missing (obviously), so I tend to agree with the majority that I would not mess with the production version. Those crash bars will save that upper fairing some day.