Bad Motor Mount? Nomad 1600 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Bad Motor Mount? Nomad 1600

BigMoney
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey fellow riders. I may have a potential problem. I have a 2006 Nomad 1600 with about 12,000 miles on it. I have a number of upgrades and one of the things I have is a set of Cobra pipes. The intense heat coming from them during the summer months forced me to put header wrap on the head pipes. The rear brake pedal mounts to a triangular shaped peice of metal that has minimal clearance between it and the pipe. After a while it had rubbed clean thru my header wrap right there. So I re-did my header wrap and ground that brake pedal bracket down and when I put it back together there was plent of clearance. Now, about 1000 miles later. It has cut vibrated itself against that bracket again, and again, cut thru my header wrap. Is this a sign of worn motor mounts? The motor has to have moved down...because I doubt that bracket moved it's way up and rubbed against the pipe. Please help guys. I love this bike and this is getting to be a pain. If anyone needs pics...let me know.

cruiserV
10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Get rid of the Cobras and put on V&H True Duals. I have 16.5K on my Nad and no such heat or rubbing issues. Apparently there is something wrong with the fit of your pipes....

BigMoney
10-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. So you dont think there's anything wrong with the motor mounts and it's strictly a fit issue w/ the pipes? I hear those V-H pipes sound really good...never heard them in person though.
SSgt. USAF

NomadNorm
10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Try this web site. I have an 06 Nomad with 31K on it and no problems. If I where going to replace the pipes then these would be the ones I would go with. Good Luck.

Nomad Roadhouse exhaust (http://nomad.eurekaboy.com/roadhouseexhaust.htm)

BigMoney
10-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks NomadNorm. I appreciate the input. Those pipes do look really good. They have a really smooth flow. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

blackiedog
03-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I have the cobra true duals and no problems at all.