Help deciding which one. [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Help deciding which one.

JArthur
10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi all new to the forums here, Have looked seriously in the past at Nomads but saw the Voyagers this past year and all I could say was WOW. I went to the dealer today during work while on a run and got to look and sit on the blue 09 Voyager. It doesn't feel big and bulky like my father-in-laws goldwing did. What I need help on is do I go ahead and buy the 09 now or wait till the 10 comes out, money isn't the issue but not enough to uptrade when the 10's come out. Do I get one with the ACT braking system, this 09 didn't have that on it. Also when do dealers start getting the new model year Voyagers.

This is just a start of me picking your brains folks.

jbsmd
10-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd wait till next year, see if you still have a job. 09 models will still be around and probably be cheaper. If your work finds out you're doing side trips you may well be looking for a job and not a bike.

Top K
10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
You may want to review the recent thread in this forum "New 1700 Voyager". I took a gamble and purchased an '09 shortly before the 2010's were announced primarily because I came across a deal that was hard to refuse, and because I was fearful the Titanium color may be retired (which it was). So overall, I'm happy with my '09. I'm hopeful Saki will offer the heat shielding that was added to the rear cylinder on the '10 model as a retrofit for the '09s. I personally would recommend going with the ABS version - why not? The '10 has an upgraded ABS, so just another reason to consider that model.

JArthur
10-16-2009, 02:39 PM
After talking to my better half I think I will wait till the 10's come out if I don't like the colors I can always get the 09 somewhere, as far a the job goes its ok I will be paying cash for it no financing, inheritance will pay for this.

I wonder if the dealer will throw in a couple good flip up full face helmets and intercom for me when I buy it with cash.

Would love to test ride it before I buy it though. Its been almost 20 years since I owned a bike but not that long since I have ridden anything.

Top K
10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
After talking to my better half I think I will wait till the 10's come out if I don't like the colors I can always get the 09 somewhere, as far a the job goes its ok I will be paying cash for it no financing, inheritance will pay for this.

I wonder if the dealer will throw in a couple good flip up full face helmets and intercom for me when I buy it with cash.

Would love to test ride it before I buy it though. Its been almost 20 years since I owned a bike but not that long since I have ridden anything.

If you go onto the Kawasaki site, you'll find info on demo rides that are offered a few times a year. I drove from Richmond VA to Carlisle PA this summer to test ride the Voyager - the peace of mind that comes with eliminating the unknown for an expensive purchase is well worth the trip. :smile:

V2K_CCTX
10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
good stuff....HD does that too....

JArthur
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Well the misses and I took a trip to Thiel's Wheels in Upper Sandusky today they had a voyager and another 1700 Vulcan with a back rest had the wife sit on both with me and she likes the Voyager better, said the Voyager had a lot more support for her back, one downfall was that this Voyager didn't have ABS like I have been wanting. He did some dealer checking and said there were no more ABS models available here in Ohio. After a bit of talking they are willing to sell it to me for $17,400 out the door (tax, title, temp tags) plus throw in 2 Fulmer FF modular helmets. Told him we will discuss for the first part of this coming week and get back to him by end of next week.

I think I might call a few dealers around this area and see if there are any ABS models because if I am going to plop down that kind of money I might as well get what I want and if I have to wait till 10's and don't like the color I can always have it painted.

Decisions, decisions, good thing that the riding season is almost over here in Ohio.

uechi kid
10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I would look into the Yamaha Royal Stat Venture. They come with EVERYTHING and have a great track record. Oh yeah, and they are less expensive.