Question about international Ninja 650r prices [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Question about international Ninja 650r prices

dgrimes
02-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Hello, I have a question for all you. I am looking at a 2009 kawasaki Ninja 650r. The one thing that is keeping me from buying right away is the price. It is priced for only $1800. But the owner of it is a dealer and the pictures are taken outside with the bike. It is a very bright burnt orange color.

Now here is my question.

I am located in the United State, in New York.

The bike is for sale in London, UK. The owner says that he will pay for all the shipping costs right to my door step. I would have to pay 20% up front for him to ship it and once I recieve the bike, I look it over and If i like it, send the rest of the money (All done though Western Union).

Are prices that low compared to the United States? A 2009 bike here used is between 5-7 thoussand. By the way, that bike only has 600 miles on it.

What do you all think. I'm wondering If i should pay the 20% up front to have the bike sent.

Box
02-07-2010, 06:40 AM
It's a scam, you will never see the bike, stay well away from that!!!!!!!

messer00
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM

trikebubble
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeh, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...........then it's a duck. Or in this case, a scam.

northernman
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM

What he said..........he could not sell a new 650r for 1800 without taking a beating on what he paid, and then shipping to the USA on top of that, he would be out the 1800 in just shipping costs.

Its a blatant scam.

dgrimes
02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys! I just got a reply back asking him why the bike is at such a low price and he explained to me that he bought it for his son and his wife greatly disapproves and has to sell it.

I tried to be sneaky about this and give him the benefit of the doubt without giving away any of my own information. What I did was, in my area of town, we have P.O. Box storages where people can send "big" packages without giving away the identity of the reciever. I told him that the only way I would do this is if He shipped the bike first before any payments are made. So let's see how much of a scam this really is : ).

Box
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. It is a scam and a very common one.

Have a look here (http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/car_shipping_scam.htm) for starters,.

dgrimes
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
ok thank you everybody, I never thought I would be a person to almost get scammed : (