2010 C14 ECO Mode [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

2010 C14 ECO Mode

KawabungaOz
03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm considering buying a new C14 (1400GTR here in Oz) in the near future and, comparing against the FJR1300, the C14 has previously played second fiddle to the FJR on the range/economy stakes. The new 2010 C10 has an ECO mode and an ECO indicator and I was wondering what sort of range/economy people are acheiving from this new model. Has anyone cracked 250 or even 300 miles on a tank yet?

KawabungaOz
03-27-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm considering buying a new C14 (1400GTR here in Oz) in the near future and, comparing against the FJR1300, the C14 has previously played second fiddle to the FJR on the range/economy stakes. The new 2010 C10 has an ECO mode and an ECO indicator and I was wondering what sort of range/economy people are acheiving from this new model. Has anyone cracked 250 or even 300 miles on a tank yet?

You C14 riders must all be out riding! Anyway, I went for a test ride of a 2010 1400GTR today and tried out the effect of ECO mode. In short it made about a 10% improvement in economy and on the 100 km ride I did of mixed urban, freeway and country roads I averaged 5.1 l/100kms, which translates to a potential tank range of 430 kms or 267 miles under such conditions. Not too shabby IMO.

Belrix
03-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow! They let you have a 60+ mile test ride?

KawabungaOz
03-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow! They let you have a 60+ mile test ride?

They sure did. When I was doing the paperwork the salesman asked how long I wanted to take it out, an hour or maybe two? I think he rightfully thought that anyone wanting to try out a sports-tourer wants to give it at least a little stretch to see how it goes on the tourer front. Suffice to say, if I end up buying one of these machines, this man will have my sale.

Kelsey
04-02-2010, 12:36 AM

Hello. This is my first time here. I have an 07 FJR AE and recently bought a 2010 C14 as a second ride. I just completed my 1000 mile service on the Connie.

The Connie's mileage can't compare to the FJR. I've got almost 50 with the FJR (it has 5000 miles) but so far only the low 40's with the Connie. I'm admittedly pushing the Connie harder than the FJR right now. I miss the larger FJR tank too. I ride in Eco mode every time I ride it except when i'm in the mountains. It's a pretty cool feature but not sure of its effectiveness yet.

I love both bikes and thought for sure I would be able to let the FJR go right away. I just can't yet. I do ride the Connie much more now but still get a thrill from the FJR.

Regards.

rbentnail
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Hello. This is my first time here. I have an 07 FJR AE and recently bought a 2010 C14 as a second ride. I just completed my 1000 mile service on the Connie.

The Connie's mileage can't compare to the FJR. I've got almost 50 with the FJR (it has 5000 miles) but so far only the low 40's with the Connie. I'm admittedly pushing the Connie harder than the FJR right now. I miss the larger FJR tank too. I ride in Eco mode every time I ride it except when i'm in the mountains. It's a pretty cool feature but not sure of its effectiveness yet.

I love both bikes and thought for sure I would be able to let the FJR go right away. I just can't yet. I do ride the Connie much more now but still get a thrill from the FJR.

Regards.
An FJR and a C14, in the same garage. You're my hero, dude! A person of god-like stature to be truly admired and emulated. I wanna be just like you when I grow up! Really, all BS aside, I want to live your mile-crunching life for a day or 6.

KawabungaOz
04-07-2010, 06:20 AM

Regards.

Sorry I let your reply slip by for a few days. Thanks for the info. It's really helpful.