starting form scratch [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

starting form scratch

Philipg
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Hello, I am a newbie and want your experience about choosing the right touring machine for me. I plan to do some long distance touring, bot solo and with a passenger. This is not to be a cruiser bike, I have something else for local messing around. I would like to know why you chose what you did, instead of the competition. Thanks, Philip

OneShadeOfGreen
05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm biased towards Kawasakis but sounds like you need a ZZR14 or GTR14 for effortless distance work with comfort.

ZZR sportier/faster end of the sector, GTR bigger, comfier with more tech/gadgets but still blindingly fast.

PS I've ridden and ridden with a few of both but own neither :)

Philipg
05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of the Voyager/Vulcan line.

cmptrmn.1
05-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm biased towards Kawasakis but sounds like you need a ZZR14 or GTR14 for effortless distance work with comfort.

ZZR sportier/faster end of the sector, GTR bigger, comfier with more tech/gadgets but still blindingly fast.

PS I've ridden and ridden with a few of both but own neither :)

YOU'RE recommending a ZZR to a newbie????????

Kid, what exactly are you wanting this bike for? If it is for touring, then a cruiser or a sport/tourer would be recommended. But, first, LEARN to ride a motorcycle.

Philipg
05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Love being called a kid. I am 62, have been riding lots of differnt things for a long time, just not anything like tha dedicated touring bikes. I am going to stop by the local Kawasaki dealer and see how one of the voyager models feel.

cmptrmn.1
05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
OK. Well, kid, the connie is a great bike for that. Good seating position, power and overall enjoyment. Good luck finding one that you like. And, sorry, usually posts like yours are from young folks.

V2K_CCTX
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
+1

OneShadeOfGreen
05-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Aye, i read it that he was a noob here and to Uber Tourers, i'm not a total knob'ead but thanks for the concern ;)