How do you wire Silver Bullets on '09 Voyager/Nomad? [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

How do you wire Silver Bullets on '09 Voyager/Nomad?

Top K
05-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Purchased a pair of Kuryakyn Silver Bullets for my '09 Voyager. Also purchased their Universal Wiring and Relay Kit. The kit tells you to connect "to source of switched 12 volt power (on with ignition switch)." I realize this is telling me to connect to a lead that is wired to the ignition (like the headlight) - my question is, can anyone suggest a good location to connect to? I haven't taken off my fairing yet to see what options can be found there. The bullets are 20W, but I also purchased the 35W upgrade bulbs for it. I know little about electronics, so if you have any advice, feed me like I'm 5 years old. ;-)

rbentnail
05-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Why can't you just replace your factory lights with the Silver Bullets, install the load equalizer at the turn signal indicator and be done with it?

Top K
05-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Why can't you just replace your factory lights with the Silver Bullets, install the load equalizer at the turn signal indicator and be done with it?

I'm not replacing the driving lights - I'm adding the bullet lights low on the frame.

altadrifter
05-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Purchased a pair of Kuryakyn Silver Bullets for my '09 Voyager. Also purchased their Universal Wiring and Relay Kit. The kit tells you to connect "to source of switched 12 volt power (on with ignition switch)." I realize this is telling me to connect to a lead that is wired to the ignition (like the headlight) - my question is, can anyone suggest a good location to connect to? I haven't taken off my fairing yet to see what options can be found there. The bullets are 20W, but I also purchased the 35W upgrade bulbs for it. I know little about electronics, so if you have any advice, feed me like I'm 5 years old. ;-)
there are 2 wiring harnesses, 1 is under the seat and the other is in the headlight bucket.either one of these are "on" only when the ignition is turned on. either one of these harnesses can accept up to 2 accessories (each harness has 4 bullet connectors, 2 for positive and 2 for negative) make sure you know which is which. they are also fused ( i think 20 amp for all including existing fog lights) hope this helps

Top K
05-15-2010, 10:00 AM
there are 2 wiring harnesses, 1 is under the seat and the other is in the headlight bucket.either one of these are "on" only when the ignition is turned on. either one of these harnesses can accept up to 2 accessories (each harness has 4 bullet connectors, 2 for positive and 2 for negative) make sure you know which is which. they are also fused ( i think 20 amp for all including existing fog lights) hope this helps

Excellent....that's what I was hoping for. Haven't taken the fairing off yet to get to the headlight, but now that I know that's a possibility, will tackle that. Thanks!