1995 VOYAGER XII RADIO [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

1995 VOYAGER XII RADIO

BLESSED1277
05-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone my radio completely looses power when i turn my key off on my voyager i doesnt keep the time or memories the channels i set can anyone help with the issue or have any ideas what i can do to fix it.

SCT7920
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I would maybe say that you can take the connectors apart...clean them up real well and maybe use a little dab of Die-Electrical grease. I betcha the connector pins might just have some corrosion that needs to be addressed.

SCT7920
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
You can use the eraser part of a pencil to help clean the connectors....just an afterthought.

suzib6sw
07-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Hello everyone my radio completely looses power when i turn my key off on my voyager i doesnt keep the time or memories the channels i set can anyone help with the issue or have any ideas what i can do to fix it.
Problem is with one of two fuses.
Under the Faux tank, there is a 3 amp fuse in the fuse box.. I think its the far left.. Check that..
If thats ok, then take off the headlamp surround carefully.. (2 screws under the fairing, unscrew, tilt the bottom towards you by 30 degrees and gently pull down and away. Two tabs hold it in place.. ) remove 4 screws holding the headlight in place, and let headlight dangle. Look in and up and see two fuses in white holders attached to the 3 wire power cable from the radio. There is a 3 amp in the fat holder (main power) and a 1amp in the other and thats the battery backup. The wires into the fuse holders are also well know to break around the little contacts in the fuse holders.

I fix the Radios and CBs and do various mods to both.. MP3 input and various LCD and clock mods..
I can be found on one of the Voyager specific sites like AB Bike Board (http://www.abbikeboard.com) and the American Voyagers association site.

Cheers ...Pete