I can't believe i sold that Meanstreak. [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

I can't believe i sold that Meanstreak.

Sledder
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I never intended to sell it,...I did intend to buy a sport tour bike sometime,but had planned to keep the MS.

Somehow I just thought I'd put it for sale and get the new one now. Put it for sale ,...first guy who came bought it,and I've ordered a black 2011 C14.

I didn't expect things to go so quickly,especially with it still winter here.

Now i'm looking forward to the new one though!

rbentnail
03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. A few years back when I decided to make the leap to ST I sold my 1500 Classic. One guy called me, a few days later he showed up, money in hand and rode off. And this was in January. I was very surprised it sold so quickly.

trikebubble
03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh boy, you are going to be in for a pleasant surprise. Have fun!

Sledder
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM
I've actually not had a lot of time to ride in the last couple years as my two youngest boys are still deep into motocross...but last summer i rode my cousins C-14,...then I wanted to ride it again. The comfort,...the electric windshield with the thumb switch,...I got to liking it so much that I wanted it.

I'm kinda busy still,but HYPED ! I'm going to make time to ride more because I enjoy the comfort and smoothness of that bike so much.

I cant wait till i have my own and the snow is gone.

ryanmross
05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Sledder, I thinking about doing the same thing.. selling the Mean Streak, buying a C14.. I'm looking forward to your initial thoughts on the C14.. please share.

ryanmross
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
More thoughts?

stevepmcg
06-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Seems to be a theme. Traded in our bikes (mine was a meanie) and went for the 2012 concours. Love the ride just think it has a lot higher center of gravity than im used to LOL

ryanmross
06-14-2012, 05:02 PM
But you're happy (happier) with it? Do you find you can ride longer without discomfort? Do fewer people wave at you? :)

stevepmcg
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
It may be because of the whole sport touring thing but it might have a little less people waving.

I am happier in some aspects.... I hated the pipes on the meanie (on hot days would literally roast your leg off) but I prefer the cruisers lower center of gravity.

rbentnail
06-15-2012, 09:41 AM
But you're happy (happier) with it? Do you find you can ride longer without discomfort? Do fewer people wave at you? :)

First I'd say don't get caught thinking there's only one brand of ST out there. I shopped extensively and went with Yamaha's FJR. The C14 just wasn't a good fit for me.

Now to your questions, last first:

No on the waving :). I find cruiser folks around here will still wave if waved at first but now the sportie folks are much friendlier. Young sportie chicks even talk to me now. Until I take off my helmet :shock: and my invisible hair blinds them :):).

I can most certainly ride much longer distances without discomfort. For me it was the "weight on the tailbone", leaned back positioning of the cruiser that killed my back. I was ready to park it after 300 miles in 9 hrs, it took a lot of breaks to get me thru 300 miles. On my FJR tho I'm good for 500-600 miles per day with a 15-20 min. break at 100-125 miles. The seating position is quite different and at that rate I have to gas up only every other stop.

Lastly, I am quite happy with it. I have no regrets whatsoever about buying this bike. I've owned at least a dozen bikes of different styles and sizes over the yrs and I say unequivocally that this is the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. After 4 1/2 yrs and 57k miles I've yet to see anything that even comes close to tempting me to trade or sell my bike for. Don't get me wrong, like every bike it has to be personalized. And I've done a few things to mine to make it mine. We always will. But it was easy and relatively inexpensive to do.

Rasmith
06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I curious from previous MS owners how the Linked braking feels..I'm taking possesion of a 2012 C14 next week and the fact I can't disengage the linking disturbs me.

rbentnail
06-17-2012, 09:57 AM
My FJR has linked brakes/ABS too. I have 4 pairs of brake pads on dual discs up front- 3 pr. for front brake and 1 pr linked to the rear brakes. The ABS you can notice when engaged, it pulses like a car's system only much faster and not nearly as pronounced. I have yet to lock up either wheel, even when I try to do it deliberately. The linked system I've never noticed other than what seems like exceptional stopping power when using only the rear brake. Really, I had no idea the bike even had it until I read about it. I'd bet you won't notice anything about linked brakes on the C14 either.

Rasmith
06-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I just found out some info. When I took one out on the 'Ticket to Ride" event last year, I rode the C14 right after the N1K. I accidently turn on the "High Combined" mode and when going into a tight corner the N1K breezed through on the previous demo, it dove the nose into the corner because I used a combination of back and front braking which felt like I grabbed a hand full of brake in a split instant..Took my way off guard..
Knowing what I know now, I would not use that feature on windy roads. I'll have fun getting used to the different features and power bands. I have a feeling the Streakis going to be collcting dust for a while.

azchick
06-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I sold my Meanie too... I did that in 2009 and I too bought a C14 ABS
I road to MT 3 times total 1x on meanie 2xs on C14... Or visa versa it's been a while. I only have 7000 mi on the bike it's been sitting so long tires went flat and battery died. I got breast cancer last yr so I wasn't up for it. I wanted to sell it but I'm gonna give it a shot... Some guy we met a a dealers the other day is going to help me lower my position with out using a lowering kit.... I do nf to build my strength and then build my confidence ugh I'm scared and excited...hoping for the best...
:)