08 NOMAD Vance & Hines [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

08 NOMAD Vance & Hines

CdnNomad
03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm thinking of switching the stock pipes on my 08 Nomad for a new set of vance & hines part # V18369. I'm told I need to add a jet kit. Not sure of this. Do I????

rbentnail
03-14-2011, 08:31 AM
The answer is- maybe.

Is your bike carbureted or fuel injected? If it's carbed then the answer is still maybe. If it's FI then no.

Have you replaced the air intake system? If you still have the factory (stock) intake then no, you don't need to rejet even if your bike is carbed. Replacing one or the other, the exhaust or the intake, on a carbed bike requires no rejetting tho some folks do it anyway.

CdnNomad
03-14-2011, 09:43 AM
My bike is fuel injected and still has factory (stock) intake system.

Tks

Tom

texas rider
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM
i know we're talking about 2008's but i would like to chime in about 2009 ( 1700 ) nomad . i asked vance and hines and they said yes i would need a fuel pak module to remap the injection. the dealer says it's not necessary. i'm putting the vance and hines slash tip slip-ons and replacing the air filter with a k&n oem replacement filter. i've had three different answers to this question. right now the dealer is getting the parts i asked for and will install hopefully this week. so i guess after a test ride i will find out if a fuel module is necessary . the vance and hines mufflers still have baffles , so there will still be back pressure on the heads and the k&n filter is just oem replacement so i can't see that sucking much more air through the intake to make a huge difference. i'm basically just looking to get a little more sound than the stock muff's give me. i'll let the board know how this works for me after the parts are installed.

texas rider
04-21-2011, 07:17 PM
just got the bike from the dealer with my new vance and hines slip-on mufflers ( twin slash tip ) and had them put in a k&n oem replacement air filter. bike sounds awesome . runs great too , seems to pull stronger in mid-range . i didn't do the fuel processor as the mechanic assured me it wasn't necessary . i've only ridden about 50 miles so far but everything seems fine. there is some pop when decelerating . but basically i think it's good to go. the sound is great when on the thottle and quiets down when just cruising . that's just what i wanted. now i still have to wonder what the difference would be " if " i had done it with the fuel processor mod. oh well i think i'll just enjoy it as it is for now.

cruiserV
05-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I have the V&H true duals on my 08. If you have done nothing to the intake, don't do anything but ride it. Mine have been on for 14,000 miles and no probs at all. Not a big performance booster, but it sounds a **** of a lot better than the stock rig.

ODIN
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I have V&H Dual Baggers, I bought mine in California, and they would not install them unless I had a PC III added on. So I added the power commander and a K&N air filter, it was dyno'd and set up and away I went. I'm not sure if you have to put the commander on, but I would say it has been good for me.

Paul Jensen
10-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey ODIN. I also put on V&H Dual Baggers, a Hypercharger, and a PCIII onto my 08 Nomad. I am using the recommended map for the pipes and intake. Sound is great, power increase is great, but fuel economy is poor, unless I ride like a grandmother. I would be interested to try your dyno map to see what it does for my fuel economy. Could you share it with me?