Thoughts on Concours14 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Thoughts on Concours14

JerBear
06-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I just bought a used 2008 concours14. Is there a way to reduce the engine heat that makes my legs sweat on warm days? What type of windscreen works better than the one that comes from Kawasaki? The longer one has been installed but at hwy. speed and fully raised it really buffets the top of my head. it is actually better if I lower it and just let most of the wind hit me from the shoulders up. I really like this bike and it is fun to ride but there are always things I want to adjust/change.

usttobee50
06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I just bought a used 2008 concours14. Is there a way to reduce the engine heat that makes my legs sweat on warm days? What type of windscreen works better than the one that comes from Kawasaki? The longer one has been installed but at hwy. speed and fully raised it really buffets the top of my head. it is actually better if I lower it and just let most of the wind hit me from the shoulders up. I really like this bike and it is fun to ride but there are always things I want to adjust/change.

JerBear....You will find answers to your question on this site. It is dedicated to the C-14: The Kawasaki Concours Forum - Index (http://www.zggtr.org/index.php)

Alf
06-15-2011, 08:18 PM
JerBear....You will find answers to your question on this site. It is dedicated to the C-14: The Kawasaki Concours Forum - Index (http://www.zggtr.org/index.php)

Excellent recomendation....

zeskimo12r
07-09-2011, 10:32 PM
JerBear: I purchased a v- stream for my 2009 and works well. I 'm 6' and no buffing.
Also added baker wings for added air flow/ protection

MeanWon
07-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Actually the best remedy is to get rid of it and purchase a 2010 or newer. I speak from experience.

JerBear
07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
I appreciate what you are saying however, I am on a limited budget. I bought this bike for $6500 with about 4800 miles and I love it. At that price I can put up with a lot of small stuff. Not everything is perfect but it is a blast to drive and affording a new one even with the improvements, is not possible.