Harley seats [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Harley seats

nubbs
01-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I apologize if this has showed up in a previous post, I did a quick search with an emphasis on quick. But has anyone put an HD Ultra Classic seat on their Nomad ? I have found several Ultra Classic seats for next to nothing, and from past experience these are very comfortable. I am just curious if it would be possible to mount on on my 08' Nomad.
Thanks for the replies and again I apologize if it has been brought up before.
Nubbs

Kawasaki Noobie
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Usually seats are specific to the bike. I know on my ninja, I had two prongs that clipped into the frame. My CBR has two hooks and a single clip point. I really would doubt that you could get a HD to fit to a kawasaki without some serious fabrication...and that could be dangerous. I would look at a mustang or other possible aftermarket seat that is amde for your bike.

nubbs
01-04-2012, 11:59 AM
That was a concern on mine, however the mounting points are teh same. I am just not sure of the dimensions.

Kawasaki Noobie
01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I guess if you could get them for cheap, you could always try to find one on ebay with a 15 or 30 day return...so if it DOESNT work, you could just return it(paying only return shipping...) and be out a couple dollars..or just keep it and try to resell? I dont think you will be able to find out much any other way.

cpg
01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Probably depends on how much work you want to do to make it fit. I'm sure you could get it to fit if you have access to a torch and welder you could use to build new mounts if necessary. If the mounting points are the same or even similar I'm sure you could make it fit though you will probably have to do a little work to make it fit just right.