Voyager vs Vaquero [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Voyager vs Vaquero

jonypopr
01-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Time to start thinking about a new ride, 01 Nomad 1500 is getting tired. The voyager has all the features I want, but I don't care for the look of the bags. Vaquero is a hot looking bike, but no trunk, and I don't care much for the seat.

It appears that both have the same frame - will a Voyager trunk mount to the Vaquero? Seat, handlebars and exhaust can all be fixed with a little $$...

djh3
01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
If I'm not mistaken the bags are identical on both bikes. The seat on the Vaquero is more of a "solo" type. Narrowed up on back. I would supose you could mount up the trunk on the Vaquero, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of buying the Vaquero? About only difference is the Vaquero has the blacked out engine and solid colors. Check a site that sells Kawasaki parts and look for the part numbers for the bags for both. I'm pretty sure I read when they released the Vaquero they were common parts.

jonypopr
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
The Voyager has new style, top opening bags that look very similar to the Royal Star Venture. Vaquero has the original Nomad bags, side opening.

The seat is of no consequence on either bike, no matter which I choose, I will change to a mustang or corbin seat with dual backrests

djh3
01-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I knew I remembered reading somewhere something about using "existing" bags. I guess they may actually be a "new" bag but follow the style of the nomad. Thanks for setting me straight.