Vaquero windshield [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Vaquero windshield

woodswoman
01-28-2012, 09:32 AM
My husband just traded his '08 Nomad for an '11 Vaquero.

The first thing he will have to give attention will be the windshield -- or lack thereof.

The Mothership sells windshield kits, of course, but they all seem to have a chrome strip where the shield connects to the fairing. Since the new Vaquero is blacked out, that chrome strip will look quite out of place.

Anybody know whether we can just acquire a screen, say from Rifle or Cee Bailey, and use the stock black mounting hardware that shipped with the Vaquero? This point is not at all clear from our research thus far.

Thanks for any advice.

bikesrfun
01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Rifle sells replacement shields. If you get the dark smoked shield, it won't be an issue. If you get the clear shield, you will see the mounting holes and indentations in the dashboard housing where the shield mounts to. The Vaquero comes with the dark tinted wind deflector that hides that stuff. I bought the rifle light gray tinted shield and you can see the dash through it. I bought the chrome strip from Kawi and have mounted it just to hide that, but will probably have it powdercoated black this winter.

Highwayman2011
01-30-2012, 08:35 AM
I just got a new windshield for my Voyager(same mounting as Vaq) from clearviewshields.com. You re use the strip and screws you have the bottom is blacked out and they offer a vent in the shield as well. When it warms up here I will give it a full test.

burntcandy
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I bought the OEM 12" shield and mounted it behind the black stock shield using stock mounting bolts. Yes it was just as simple as removing a few bolts and putting them back with both shields. I am really considering a new shield from baggershield because they are changable. On cool morning you can raise them to like 11" and if it has warmed up for ride home you can lower it down to like 7". A tall shield on 90+ days is not a real good combination, there is not enough wind onto me IMO. just my food for thought.

Highwayman2011
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I saw one of those flippable windshields on westendmotorsports.com.