VN 1600 Mustang Seat w. Driver Backrest: Will it fit/can it be modified to fit an '11 Voyager 1700? [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

VN 1600 Mustang Seat w. Driver Backrest: Will it fit/can it be modified to fit an '11 Voyager 1700?

Wild Rice
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I am trading an '05 VN 1600 classic that I outfitted with a Mustang seat with driver backrest. This saddle is the most comfortable I've ever ridden. I 'normalized' the bike for the trade in, since I got NO VALUE for any aftermarket enhancements. (PS.. I'll be posting another note.. listing all fo the goodies I have for sale).

However, I'd love to put the Mustang seat on my new Voyager when I pick it up this week. Does anyone know if it may fit or can EASILY be modified to fit the Voyager? Note: the mustang seat for the Classic is TWO-PIECE. Mustang sells a ONE-PIECE seat for the Voyager. That may be problematic.
Thanks again.

uechi kid
02-13-2012, 02:35 PM
It doesn't look like they are interchangeable.
Mustang Seats Seats for Kawasaki 1700 Vulcan Voyager (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kawasaki-1700-vulcan-voyager-accessories/mustang-seats/seats)

Mustang Seats Seats for Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan Classic (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kawasaki-1600-vulcan-classic-accessories/mustang-seats/seats)

sorbie
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I am trading an '05 VN 1600 classic that I outfitted with a Mustang seat with driver backrest. This saddle is the most comfortable I've ever ridden. I 'normalized' the bike for the trade in, since I got NO VALUE for any aftermarket enhancements. (PS.. I'll be posting another note.. listing all fo the goodies I have for sale).

However, I'd love to put the Mustang seat on my new Voyager when I pick it up this week. Does anyone know if it may fit or can EASILY be modified to fit the Voyager? Note: the mustang seat for the Classic is TWO-PIECE. Mustang sells a ONE-PIECE seat for the Voyager. That may be problematic.
Thanks again.

I have a 2006 1600 Classic would be interested if you decide to sell. I have the stock seat on now and am planning a rew long didtance rides this summer. Would be nice to be comfortable..

Thanks

pitchinguy
02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I also had an 05 1600 classic with a Mustang seat. I now have a 011 Nomad which has the same seat as the Voyager. The seats are def not interchangable, BUT, IMO the OEM seats on the new Voyager/Nomad are as comfortable if not more so than the Mustang on the 05 1600.

Wild Rice
02-14-2012, 06:53 AM
I have a 2006 1600 Classic would be interested if you decide to sell. I have the stock seat on now and am planning a rew long didtance rides this summer. Would be nice to be comfortable..

Thanks

This seat is extremely comfortable. Took about a month or so to break it in... and I can reide ALL DAY! Has driver's backrest which really supports my back... I can lean back and just breeze thru the day.

and YES.. it is for sale. email me at [email protected] Let's work out a deal. BTW..it's in New condition. Always been garaged.