Voyager 1700 Cup Holder Locatons [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Voyager 1700 Cup Holder Locatons

Wild Rice
03-01-2012, 01:06 AM
What are the best locations for Cup Holders on the Voyager 1700? I've looked at all of the handlebar locations and (except for the center, which is being used for my Garmin) every other location will cause the cup to hit the fairing or tank. Also.. except for the passenger crash bars... are there other logicall locations for the passenger? Thanks, again.

djh3
03-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I have a simular problem on my Venture. I have a RAM mount for the GPS and have it mounted as low as I think I can get away with so it dont obscure any warning lights in the dash. My cup holder is on the right and I had it mounted a little further down the bars closer to the fairing. Well I was riding and had a drink in the holder and not yet use to the MPG this gets I was suprised when it chuged and hit reserve without warning so it seemed. I flipped to reserve (yea its carburated) and as I sat a little more forward I saw the res light on. So I moved it so I can see the dash stuff on that side too now. AS for the rear, I'm still working on that too. Crash bars are to low. Mounting on the lower part of grab rail is in the way of opening bags. Only thing I can come up with is top of the grab rails and sort of to the side.
How are going to hit the fairin with the cup holder? The fairing moves with the handlebars right? Mine is a cruiser caddy (I think thats the name) knock off. Works rather well. http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Motorcycle-Handle-bar-Chrome-Cup-holder-beverage-drink-/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/$(KGrHqJ,!joE8NLH2qM)BPUrcNHft!~~60_3.JPG Here is one $20 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Handle-bar-Chrome-Cup-holder-beverage-drink-/251009795015?hash=item3a715983c7&item=251009795015&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr)

Highwayman2011
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Marvellas has one that mounts on the right under the mirror. marvellas.com

Wild Rice
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Marvellas has one that mounts on the right under the mirror. marvellas.com

Unfortunately Marvellas had a disastrous fire. They lost their property and all products, according to an email they responded to from me. Not sure if they will rebuild at this point. Too bad.. these are good guys with great products.