Installing Sirius/XM Snap on a Voyager 1700 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Installing Sirius/XM Snap on a Voyager 1700

Wild Rice
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Has anyone installed a Sirius/XM SNAP radio on a Voyager 1700? I purchased one for my wife's Mazda and will get another one for the Voyager if it's really as simple as plugging in and turning in the FM.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Highwayman2011
03-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Is the snap one that broadcasts an FM signal? If so it should be pretty easy. If it has an audio out you can plug in the Ipod wire and play it direct to the radio in aux mode. Switched power can be found behind the headlight. Looking at the front of the bike with the headlight out up and to the right are two double plugs with clear vinyl around them one is power and the other is ground. Good luck. I was looking at getting a new gps so I went with the Zumo 665 which has XM built in and plugged it into the Ipod 3.5mm wire in the left compartment on the fairing. Not the least expensive way to go Zumo $800, wire was $60. Good luck!

Highwayman2011
03-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I looked that Snap XM up online, that is a neat item very simple. It goes right in the power port on the fairing on the right side so the only thing I see is if you don't get too much interference on the radio then you're good to go. Maybe some velcro or a small wire tie to secure the top part from moving.