Aftermarket Windshields [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Aftermarket Windshields

DiKen
05-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I have a '08 Connie. Looking to replace factory windshield with either a Cee Bailey or a
V-Stream. Does anyone have either installed on their Connie? Looking for some quality feedback. Also if you have a newer model Connie Windshield on the '08 or '09, how does if work for you?

rbentnail
05-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Not a Connie but similar. I have a Cee Bailey +2+2 on my FJR. No problems, holding up well after 4 yrs. I'd buy another if I needed to.

DiKen
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Does it cut down on some or all of the windnoise that you get with the original?

K12GT
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I've done two Cee Baileys for the Concours and I really liked their quality.

As far as wind noise, it depends on where your helmet rides in the slip-stream.

If you helmet rides above the windscreen, and in the airstream, the interior noise will be quieter. Less distrubed air, is quiet air.

If your helmet is in the dirty (Distrurbed) turbulet air, the noise will be louder.

To get your hemet totally inside the non turbulent air, your windscreen will need to be taller than most people want on a sport tourer.

Check with Cee Bailey, I beleive they have a good return policy. If you don't like the feel of the new air envelope around your upper body, I'm pretty sure they'll let you return it for another taller or shorter unit.

RoadRunner322
05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
You should go to the ConcoursOwnersGroup board or the ZG/GTR Fanatics site. They are specifically for the Concours. Lots of info their

DanL
05-11-2012, 08:28 AM
I have the VStream, replaced the stock "tall" shield that came on my '11. Wind noise is still a problem unless the shield is set all the way up, and even then I have to duck my head down a couple inches- then it's dead quiet. So like K12GT said- its all about where your head is. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will never be as quiet as my 1600 with the National Cycle 2 up was, and wear earplugs.

Aside from that, the VStream is a nice windshield. Good shape to it, keeps the wind off your hands and torso real well. It's about 3" taller than the tall stock shield and it's wider at the top and bottom where it flares out. I got it over the Cee Bailey because I found a site that had it for $135 which was way cheaper than the best price I found on the CB.

DiKen
05-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks DanL. I appreciate the info. It helps alot