Vaquero / Voyager Lights [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Vaquero / Voyager Lights

MrGabeAsh
07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Iím looking for a set of aftermarket driving lights to place the baffles in my 2011 Vaquero. Iíve typed in a couple of different searches and canít seem to find a thread on this subject (specifically for vaquero/voyagers) If Iím missing it please just send me there. Can you guys please give me an idea of what yíall have been running in your Vaquero/Voyagers? I donít want to just go with the Kawasaki ones. I was hoping for a little more light than that. Also any information on what has worked, what has not, and any problems you have run into along the way would be most helpful. Thanks.

djh3
07-12-2012, 07:12 AM
I dont know specificly what housing goes in there, but the light output is going to be the bulbs job. A halogen puts more light out than a sealed beam like a PAR 36. HID more than the Halogen. LED's draw less power but can get expensive really quick. So once you find the housing that mounts also look for what type of bulb configuration goes in them. The Halogen normally come in a 35w and 55w. Most bikes cant support the 55w due to wire size required and draw on elec system. When you wire it up make sure to put it on a relay.

bikesrfun
07-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Iím looking for a set of aftermarket driving lights to place the baffles in my 2011 Vaquero. Iíve typed in a couple of different searches and canít seem to find a thread on this subject (specifically for vaquero/voyagers) If Iím missing it please just send me there. Can you guys please give me an idea of what yíall have been running in your Vaquero/Voyagers? I donít want to just go with the Kawasaki ones. I was hoping for a little more light than that. Also any information on what has worked, what has not, and any problems you have run into along the way would be most helpful. Thanks.

If you buy the ones from Kawi, they are a breeze to install and are plug and play (there is an existing set of connectors for the lights in place behind the outer fairing). I have the Kawi ones and they provide more than enough extra light for night time riding and definitely provide a huge presence for daytime riding.