Lost of electrical power to LCD meter and starter [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Lost of electrical power to LCD meter and starter

jdgirton
07-22-2012, 11:51 AM
When it first happened I turned the switch on and noticed that the A&B trip meters had zeroed out and the clock had reset like what happens when the battery is disconnected. I started the bike and it ran OK. I shut it off and the checked the terminal connection to the battery and they were OK and tight
Since then I took trips to Georgia, Arkansas and Colorado and no recurrence. But then it happened again, this time when I turned the switch on and the LCD meter was blank I hit the starter and it just clicked. I turned the switch on and off a couple of times before the LCD meter display came on and the bike started. When I got home I check the battery and all the wiring connections I could see. All I found was some corrosion on the negative terminal post. I checked for self-diagnosis service codes and there were none
I canít think of what could be causing this disruption on power to the LCD meter and the starter
I would appreciate any ideas and help you could give me

ricksza
07-22-2012, 12:29 PM
You are loosing battery power to your instrument cluster, either the connections to the cluster or internal. Could be as simple as resistance on the connector.