Americasbesttrailers [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Americasbesttrailers

uechi kid
08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
See update below. I'm planning on buying a pull behind trailer and saw the fiberglass Escalade trailer made by Americasbesttrailers. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this trailer or this company.
Escalade Fiberglass Motorcycle Trailer, Fiberglass Motorcycle Touring Trailers, Fiberglass Motorcycle Trailers, Fiberglass Motorcycle Cargo Trailers (http://1motorcycletrailers.com/escaladefiberglassmotorcycletrailers.html)
Thanks

maddogg69
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
i bought a NEW trailer (legacy) in june.This trailer pulls good.........BUT everything else is crap........it arrived with crappy paint......painted over....wrinkles..scuff marks.....wirning on this trailer was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!! all bolts where loose......owner would not come good for reconcilliation of any sort........and would not return calls until i made a reprt to the better business beaurea...and then had to get a third person involved and as of today..........nothing........NOT A GOOD IDEA .unless you want a lot of grief !!!!!!!!!!

uechi kid
10-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Oh sure, now you post a reply, after I bought one from this guy :(. I have a very similar experience to yours. I bough the Escalade model about the time posting this thread. I spoke with the owner (Jason Ellis) told him and emailed him exactly what I wanted, I was specific as to color and no chrome trim. He said we would have our trailer in about a month. He said it would only be a week before the body went to the painter, it took 2 & 1/2 weeks before the painter got the trailer. Then, they painted it the wrong color, another week to figure out what they were going to do. It took two more weeks for the body with the correct color to get back to the trailer shop and then one more week before they shipped it and a week for it to get here.
Don't go away, I'm not done. The day it gets here I unpack it and low and behold chrome trim. Then I begin to assemble it (attaching the axles to the frame and body to the frame). When I go to put the wheels on there are no lug nuts or center caps for the wheels. So down to the parts store to buy four lug nuts. I should mention that they also forgot to send the spare tire mounting hardware that as I type I still don't have. When we set the body on the frame, all the holes line up but with the front bolts in place and finger tight there is a gap in the back between the body and the frame of about an inch. No way to get the bolts through the frame. Then I notice (with all the frame and body holes lined up) that the left wheel touches the wheel well. I can't get the owner to answer my calls but a guy from the shop by the name of Thomas is now dealing with me but he has no authority to make any decisions, he has to clear everything with the owner. He, Thomas, wanted to send me a completely new trailer fully assembled but the owner said no. I spent several day working on a solution to the axle issue and gap in the rear. Wiring??? What a joke!!! When The owner was still talking to me he told me they use "standard 5 wire trailer color configuration". Not even close!!! It was all jacked up. And the paint, well the color's right but lets just say it looks like the guy painted it in his garage with no filtered ventilation. There are specks in the paint all over the place. If you took your car to a body shop and got this paint job, you'd be taking it back.
I'll be calling the BBB as well and making a video to post on You Tube so there will be more information about this company out there to warn people about their poor products and really bad customer service.

maddogg69
10-18-2012, 05:47 PM
we have the same story!!!!......l just couldn,t type that much ...with out getting writers cramp !!just a note....they seem to be going under the site of.....full_throttle_trailers now.
what color carpet is in your trailer ???

uechi kid
10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
full_throttle_trailers is their ebay name. Most of the carpet is gray with a piece of blue that covers up the bolts. I'll be replacing the blue to match the rest of the interior.

maddogg69
10-19-2012, 06:42 AM
when l got my trailer the bottom carpet is blue,,the carpet on the lid is grey.......2 different , not matching colors....instead of being all one color!!!
when i first found this site, they had different styles of trailers, and they where listed as americas best trailers..........now...there is nothing on e bay .....from where l am .......and when you go to full throttle trailers you see then, it goes to americas best trailers.
still got my fingers crossed my parts have been shipped as promised and l will receive them middle of next week !!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

uechi kid
10-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm sending you a PM with the phone number of the guy I've been dealing with, Thomas.

uechi kid
10-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Oops, you don't have that option set up. PM me and I'll send it to you.

maddogg69
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
[email protected] i can back up everything l have said with pictures,receipts, and documented time of calls and when they where responded to

uechi kid
10-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I have been in contact with Thomas for the last several weeks. He has worked hard to get Jason to do the right thing. Unfortunately he doesn't have the final say. I'm sending you his number. He's probably off for the weekend. Try him on Monday morning.

uechi kid
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
I should also mention that America's Best Trailers is also #1motorcycletralers.com

maddogg69
10-20-2012, 07:39 AM
i,ll check out that site also !!!!!!! i have been dealing with jason for a while now.......he said l would have my replacement parts etc by the middle of next week.
l also had a very bad experience with the hitch that bolts on to the bike supplied by usa trailer store.
DO NOT BUY THE LIBERTY HITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this was part of the package deal with the trailer and one side broke in half going down the road at 60 mph !!!!! also contacted this company and got a run around........

uechi kid
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
When you say one side broke off do you mean the U shaped bracket the bolt goes through, then the ball and then the other side of U shaped bracket?
Here's an interesting tidbit. The USA Trailer Store is owned by Troy Shockley. If you had noticed on your title when you received your trailer it was signed by Danny Shockley. And, they are both listed on the Patent that is pending for that ball setup. Both America's Best Trailer/#1motorcycletrailers.com and The USA Trailer Store are owned by or subsidiaries of Towblazer, Inc.

maddogg69
10-22-2012, 08:22 PM
the trailer hitch broke on the left side approx 2 to 3 inches up from the round bar....at the narrowist point on the flat part that bolts to the bike...below the bolts
Interesting...........saw the name on the paper but didn,t fit it all together...........time to file a report to the bbb re: this hitch.........told them l was concerned this will happen again ........but they gave me a [email protected] line this hitch has been sold for years and NEVER any issues......it was something l did ..........you can,t go wrong to bolt it on.....

uechi kid
10-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Here's a link for another option.
Swivel Hitches : Open Road Outfitters, Motorcycle Campers and Trailers, Harley Hitches, Escapade, Time Out, Mini Mate (http://www.motorcycletrailerstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_73)

maddogg69
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
thanks...........i,ll check those sites out...unfortunately when the hitch broke........i was 800 miles from home ........went to the harley dealer close by and bought a hitch made by.....hidden hitch........and a new tire ........that had only about 1200 miles on it ....when the hitch broke it cut into the tire and had to be replaced Tire and hitch cost me 900.00 to get back on the road and get home...........

Rasmith
01-20-2013, 12:44 PM
America's Best Trailers Review - TRAILER SALES in Greenville , SC - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Upstate South Carolina (http://www.bbb.org/nw-south-carolina/Business-Reviews/trailer-sales/america-s-best-trailers-in-greenville-sc-90003272/)

BBB Rates them F

uechi kid
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
America's Best Trailers Review - TRAILER SALES in Greenville , SC - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Upstate South Carolina (http://www.bbb.org/nw-south-carolina/Business-Reviews/trailer-sales/america-s-best-trailers-in-greenville-sc-90003272/)

BBB Rates them F

Yeah, I wish I had done my home work before I bought from them. They are now using a different name. I think it's #1motorcycletrailers.com. The old web site is gone. He even change his phone number.

uechi kid
02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
After several months of trying to get a hold of Jason Ellis, I finally was able to speak with Danny Shockley, who is apparently the real owner. He agreed to send $200 for my time and materials to fix the things that were wrong with the trailer when I received it. I got his check, deposited it. When I know it's cleared, I'm going to delete my posts.

Rasmith
02-11-2013, 12:45 PM
After several months of trying to get a hold of Jason Ellis, I finally was able to speak with Danny Shockley, who is apparently the real owner. He agreed to send $200 for my time and materials to fix the things that were wrong with the trailer when I received it. I got his check, deposited it. When I know it's cleared, I'm going to delete my posts.

I think you should keep your posts in the thread for archive purposes but conclude your posts with the final resolution.

maddogg69
02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
i agree......you should leave them on ..............if not ,i will pick up the torch to carry on and tell people what a rip off this company is !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

uechi kid
02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
i agree......you should leave them on ..............if not ,i will pick up the torch to carry on and tell people what a rip off this company is !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I guess you haven't had any luck getting a hold of Danny Shockley. Must have been my lucky day.

uechi kid
02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Well The check cleared so for me, It's a done deal. maddogg69, keep me posted as to how it goes with you.
Aslo, as was suggested on another site I pulled the wheel hubs to check the bearings to see how much grease the had. For all intents and purposes, bone dry. They did have a little grease but very little. I don't think they would have made it more than a few hundred miles. The hubs have a grease fitting that's really useless. It just allows grease to go into the middle of the hub and not into either of the bearings. So I packed the bearings with so good moly bearing grease and now I'm good to go.