Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Returning to Bikes with new (really!) 2008 Mean Streak...

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Quiz Kidd 
#1 ·
My long-time riding bro, T, put the Streak on my radar screen years ago when he went all ga-ga on me over the Special Edition...he almost went into debt to buy it...so when this one showed up, zero miles, on the used-bike side of my local Kaw dealer...well, it hooked me the instant I spotted its huge front discs and inverted fork...tried it on and it fit!

Some weeks later, we took her home...one mod so far: a Corbin Rumble Seat -- more comfy for me and the Bride in my life...easy to remove for service needs....

Coming up: A fly screen in front of the instrument cluster and some Kuryakyn pegs and grips, then, if a set looks right and can be removed without leaving brackets, some bags for some light travel.

So far since May we've pegged about 1,600 miles, poker runs, toy runs and just generally running around...a lot different from when my last bike sold -- in 1977.

It's good to pick a bug or two out of the whiskers again! :-o

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, pitchinguy....good to be here...and thanks for the kudos on the find/deal...timing can be a breaker -- this time it broke my way....it's my V-twin Sport Bike and love the way it responds, accelerating, stopping and, most of all, through the twisties....it handles better than most of my new-buds' baggers -- and that makes me smile behind the shades :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.