vaquero/voyager seat questions [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

vaquero/voyager seat questions

burntcandy
02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I am riding a vaquero now, and thinking that I will buy a new seat before this riding season begins. But my questions for now is what seat does everyone recommend for a short rider only being 5'5"

Aussie.Nomad
02-05-2013, 06:04 AM
I am riding a vaquero now, and thinking that I will buy a new seat before this riding season begins. But my questions for now is what seat does everyone recommend for a short rider only being 5'5" Ihave the 1700 Nomad & 5'3'', I find it very comfy & can just toucyh the ground I also have a 2000 Roadstar & have tried various seats, even lower, but now prefer the Nomad, but still love the star

CheriKarp
02-05-2013, 07:32 AM
My observations have been that the Corbin seat sits lower, making you closer to the ground, and the Mustang sits higher and rises you up further from the ground. After saying that, I would recommend a Corbin (which I put on my bike)

burntcandy
02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks this is the info i was looking for. Now to find the best price for a corbin.

djh3
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
There are some guys that take you OEM and "fit" it to you. I know some of the guys on the venturerider.org fourm swear by rick buttler I think it is. Cuts the seat down for you and puts different foam in it in places and then recovers it. But sometimes this kind of custom work can cost you as much as a replacement. But its worth a look see in my book.

burntcandy
02-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Called Corbin yesterday. They can narrow the nose and slide me forward 1/2". Then to make it even better the seat is already almost an inch lower than the stock seat height, and that is the touring seat. You are also allowed one refit if you are unhappy with the way it sits after you ordered it.

srt4wannabe
02-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Anyone seen the Vaquero touring seat from Kawasaki. My funds don't run deep enough for a Corbin or Mustang seat. Just wondering how that Kawasaki Touring seat would work..

fammdw
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
If you are vertically challenged, I would steer clear of the Kawi gel touring seat. Everyone I know that has one says that it sits them an inch or so higher than the stock seat. If that's not an issue, most like it better simply because it's firmer than the stock seat.

Anyone seen the Vaquero touring seat from Kawasaki. My funds don't run deep enough for a Corbin or Mustang seat. Just wondering how that Kawasaki Touring seat would work..

Vaq Now
03-01-2013, 07:49 AM
I had the tourer gel seat sets you up and forward keep wanting to sit in my wifes lap, bought a mustang seat and love it seams to set me 1/2 to 1in lower and back going to buy some risers from chucksters,com they are power coated satin black and a good price. He has not got them back from the coter will post pictures in mid march about 1 1/2 up and 1 1/2 back. You may need them if you buy the corbin seat I just don't care for all the stiching corbin does on the seat but thats me.

srt4wannabe
03-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Well after debating about how much I could afford on the new seat, I ended up going for the Kawasaki touring seat. It definitely sets you up higher but it is a much more comfortable riding seat. Also put the taller windscreen on the bike and had the first service/once over done today..The bike is all ready for the season if spring ever decides to show up

Vaq Now
03-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Well after debating about how much I could afford on the new seat, I ended up going for the Kawasaki touring seat. It definitely sets you up higher but it is a much more comfortable riding seat. Also put the taller windscreen on the bike and had the first service/once over done today..The bike is all ready for the season if spring ever decides to show up

SRT4Wannabe,
I had a gel touring seat for my vaquero and it is a very un comfrtable seat my advise is take to a local upholsetr or custom seat shop and have them cut out the back of the front part where your tail bone and back aer down to about the gel. This will give you a place to lean your butt aganist and keep you from sliding forward. When I had it my wife thought I was going to set in her lap it keep pushing me forwaed and makes the seat lower and more comfrotable. Just giving you my .02 cents worth we went with a mustang we both like very much. I wish I would have done that to the gel seat may still have it and it was free with the bike. Good Luck to you both and ride safe.

srt4wannabe
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
SRT4Wannabe,
I had a gel touring seat for my vaquero and it is a very un comfrtable seat my advise is take to a local upholsetr or custom seat shop and have them cut out the back of the front part where your tail bone and back aer down to about the gel. This will give you a place to lean your butt aganist and keep you from sliding forward. When I had it my wife thought I was going to set in her lap it keep pushing me forwaed and makes the seat lower and more comfrotable. Just giving you my .02 cents worth we went with a mustang we both like very much. I wish I would have done that to the gel seat may still have it and it was free with the bike. Good Luck to you both and ride safe.

How would it push you forward yet you still end up in your wifes lap???.. I have had no such sliding issues so far. It sits comfortably for me and is much better than the stock seat. I do agree that it could have been dished lower for the driver but that will have to wait until next year. i am not going to lose what little riding time I have. That sort of thing gets done during the winter off months when I have snow on the ground.

Vaq Now
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
when ever we would ride I keep wanting to scoot back thats where the cut out comes in and trying to get past that front hump i would scot back so far the wife thoght i was trying to sit in her lap. Trust me you need to have the seat cut down to have more of a back rest. Im just trying to help Im only 5.9 and 29 inseam so every bit helps. B Cope.

srt4wannabe
03-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I dont think I am going to have that issue. I am 6'1 with a 32 inch inseam and like I said I have noticed no such sliding around even under hard acceleration. I might get a backrest though as I have seen them on the internet for a 100 dollars total..

Vaq Now
03-29-2013, 03:55 PM
I did not know you were that tall and had a 32 inseam the set will prob work great for you and even better with a back rest are you look at the grass hopper on ebay for $90 dollors its a good deal. Good Luck To You and Ride Safe, B Cope.

toobusi
04-09-2013, 03:51 PM
The "Ultimate Seat" web site says their seat keeps the bike identical to OEM. They make great seats, I'm going to check it out in June at Americade.

Old.Skool
05-18-2013, 05:27 AM
I am nearly 5'10" and have a 30" inseam. I am fine with the stock seat, but have added a driver's backrest from Utopia and some satin black risers from Chucksters Customs. Got nearly 30k on my 2011 Vaquero and been cross country three times in the last year and a half, rides comfortable for me.

http://www.utpr.com/vaquero17.html

:)

srt4wannabe
08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Well you would have thought I would have learned my lesson. Back in 1996 I had a Vulcan 800 Classic which I put the Kawasaki Touring Seat on and after a couple of months my *** couldn't take the beating it was getting and I ended up getting the Mustang touring seat. Fast forward 16 years and I purchased the Kawasaki Touring seat for the Vaquero. Had it on for a few months now and I am done with it. I couldn't even do a 200 mile ride the other day. Then me and the old lady took the bike out for a spin and we were done after about 40 miles. Mustang seat with backrest has been ordered and should be here within the next week. I don't know who makes the seats for Kawasaki but they need to learn a thing or two about making seats comfortable.

djh3
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
I was in a store the other day and saw one on the shelf. I think the store was Lowes and they were advertising it as a mail box post. My 900 was the sme with the factory seat, 40 min and you were done. Mustang with backrest went on it and I put over 38k on it.

srt4wannabe
08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
The Mustang seat arrived in two days. Super fast delivery from the ebayer. I ordered it on a Tuesday night and then emailed them on Wednesday morning after I got to work to have them ship it to my work address. It showed up on Thursday. Was not even expecting it to show up so soon. I put it on the bike before I left work and left the old gel seat at work. Wow what a difference. Great support and love the drivers backrest. Already had the stock passenger backrest that we trimmed the foam on to keep it from hitting the new seat. Taking it to the leather shop for them to put studs on to match the new saddle. The main difference I notice with the mustang seat is that I feel it moved me forward a couple of inches however I have better support and feel as if my posture is much better. Looking forward to racking up the miles now..