What sprocket should I put on my 07 ZZR600? Want more torque, low end power... [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

What sprocket should I put on my 07 ZZR600? Want more torque, low end power...

deancwest
03-02-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm at a point where I would like more low end power on my 07 ZZR600. I'm just not sure which way to go when replacing sprockets? More teeth or less teeth? Change front, rear, or both? Any help would be helpful.

MFolks
03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator (http://www.gearingcommander.com) is the website I use when changing ratio's.

03-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm at a point where I would like more low end power on my 07 ZZR600.

Let's talk about this a bit first, OK ?

Different people have different understandings of the phrase "low end power" so what exactly do YOU mean by that ?

When looking for more "power" on a bike like that, it should only be a concern in 1st gear off the line.
After that, the power is found by keeping the RPMs up above 60% of redline or so.

With your normal riding, how long do you stay in 1st gear and at what RPM do you shift ?
Do you want to be able to stay in 1st longer, to a higher speed, or do you want to reach redline and shift quicker ?

What do you want the bike to do that it isn't doing now ?

(That's really the same question asked 3 different ways. Hopefully one will make sense.)