Vaquero intake leak fixed [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Vaquero intake leak fixed

Vaq Now
03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
I got a call from the mechinic friday night and he told me what he had done and I needed to come to the shop ang check it out. So I went saturday morning and looked at what he had done he found the leak on the left intake port. said he buffed all the flat surfaces smooth and the intake maifold he sanded it flat and buffed it smoth. If it was not warped why did he sand it flat and buff it smooth. He said he was going to put all new seals and orings in and coat them with sealer to keep from leaking. He even ordered a new air sencer for it said it was buggered up and need replaced all under warantty. So shold have my vaquero back by thursday but the mechinics did not come to work today because of 11in of snow funny my wife went to work. I can't wait for the OCV/IGN to be installed and tuned t will be great to have my bike back the way it should. :-o

Bluemeanie
03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Glad to hear that they're fixing yours. I believe I'm going to have to fix the leak on mine myself and I am NOT happy about that. I firmly believe that Kawasaki knows exactly what the problem is and is in denial about it. I went so far as to show them that it was a vacuum leak at Bike Week and was flat out told that it wasn't a leak and someone would be calling me. Well, 2 and a half weeks later and no calls, no nothing. I'm seriously considering selling the bike at this point, if they won't even fix this under warranty (tho they did fix it once) then what will they do if something really serious happens. There were a few other lies they told me at bike week, but I won't go into that here.

Vaq Now
03-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Intake leaks - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums (http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21798&highlight=Ray+intake+leak) Bluemeanie, I know what you mean when they wont listen to you I sent 3 nasty e-mails before Kawasaki called me I told him all the problems Iv had with my vaquero and the money I had to spend to have it fixed when it should have been govered buy warranty and after I was done he agred with me. The rep called the dealer that fixed it the first time and he said new seals and orings will only work for a week or so. I told the rep I droped the little bolt that holds the headlight bezel on the front finder and it chiped the paint I said its only a 4in drop he offered a new front finder and I told he no I already sepnt $47 dollors for touch up paint and it looks good but he could give me a new set of driving lights with free instalation and the intake fixed right this time. He told the dealer what ever it takes to fix everything wrong with my bike and it looks like they are doing it that link on the first line is RacnRays intake fix. If you want to read it or take it to the dealer that fixed it before. The dealer that fixed my bikes Name is Wherle Bros Vandelia IL 62471 # 618-283-0713 The service manager and head mechinic s name is kenny. If your dealer wants to call him for pointers or how to fix it If you want to print off the fix Ray did they may resd it its worth a shot. The rep changed his tune when I said if I was not under water I would buy a new victory But thats up to you if I c I would buy a could I would buy a new Cross crounty. Ley me know what you do I have a gasket I bought from gore teck thats 1/8 in thick and made of tefflon good to 600 degrees works alot better than thunders I'll send you the link if you want it good luckand. Thanks, B Cope

Bluemeanie
03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I took the Ray's info with me to the dealer when I was trying to get them to fix the problem over a year ago. They weren't interested in the info then and aren't now. What got their attention then was me returning around $400 in accessories. The sad part is that Kawasaki seems to have no interest in fixing it either. Now I'm not sure if I want to do the gasket or not, thoughts are that if anything were to happen to the engine they'd blame that and not cover it, yet with a leak there's the risk of burning a valve, so the way I see it I'm in a no win situation. Also at this point since the rep at Bike Week said they'd be contacting me, I should not have to contact them, of course since they told a few other "mis truths" then I'm not sure what to believe. Oh, and Ray's info about the problem was given to Kawasaki over a year ago, so they have it, or at least did have it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Voyager, but I want them to make it right.