lowering a 2003 kawasaki concours [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

lowering a 2003 kawasaki concours

davej326
03-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I am considering lowering the bike from 1-3 inches.does anyone have experience after lowering any bike.My concern is how will it affect the handling.I believe it will lower the center of gravity and make it handle better on curves also be less wind resistant on highway . any help would appreciate.

also anybody know how to add highway pegs

rbentnail
03-26-2013, 10:18 PM
I have lowered many bikes:

- it does NOT lower the center of gravity. In fact it throws the weight-on-wheel distribution off just a little. Sometimes it's noticeable, most times not. Lowering the front a little- sliding the fork tubes up thru the triple tree(s)- helps a lot.

- the wind feels the same.

- cornering clearance is reduced. Meaning the closer you are to the ground the less you can lean before you scrape something.

I'm a big fan of these Soupys Performance, Motorcycle Lowering Kits, Motorcycle Raising Links (http://www.soupysperformance.com/homepage.html). They allow for minor tweaking to find what height you like best. Replacing the dogbones on a bike can take 20 minutes or it can take 2 hrs, you just never know until you do it. If it's your first time, I highly recommend asking your buddies or a shop to help/do it.