front end [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

front end

wardenpei
06-02-2013, 06:00 PM
i have a 2003 zzr1200, i'm getting a noise in the front end during takeoff and feels a little clunky, any ideas?

alekkas
06-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Yes, I have some ideas. First off, awesome bike! I have a C10 and am really jonesing for a ZZR 1200!

Similar front ends. The collar on the steering stem gets loose. That requires loosening the nut with the front wheel off the ground and tightening the collar with a 40 -42 mm spanner. Another option is the front bearings.

If you are only getting the noise as the forks spread out, then it may be in there. But, I'd start with the stem bearing collar from what I have experienced.

If you ant to sell that badass bike, let me know! :P

wardenpei
06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
haha, not looking to sell just yet, having to much fun right now, i'll check the collar out as soon as i can. thanks for the info and if i decide to sell i'll keep you in mind... :)

alekkas
06-03-2013, 11:40 PM
haha, not looking to sell just yet, having to much fun right now, i'll check the collar out as soon as i can. thanks for the info and if i decide to sell i'll keep you in mind... :)

If you can use the 40-42mm spanner, PM me and I can mail it to you, you mail it back. Although buying one was only around $20 shipped to my house.