2006/2007 V2000 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

2006/2007 V2000

dhl
10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Dave's the name:

Well that time has come and some inner ear problems and the approach of my 7th decade has finally forced me to succumb to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" long aspired wish that I get off two wheels. I have agreed to the purchase of a trike. After 50 years of biking, that started with a Cushman and will end with the sale of my Honda NC700DC my wish is still to bike to the end so compromise seemed the only pro-domestic solution.
I really hate the ride and handling idiosyncrasies of the traditional rear wheel trike so have been looking at the Spyder. The reverse trike concept is the only form I am willing to accept. After riding one and going over the ownership blogs I have decided that they are way too expensive and remarkably over engineered.
So I am going to reverse trike the biggest mother I can (V2000) and that brings me to this forum. (See IDO Endeavor Trikes) Endeavor makes a good product even if they do look like an old Nash with its nose crimped down like it had rear ended a cement truck.
Being large of Spirit (and girth) and small of resources, I need to find a cared for 2006/2007. I expect to be riding a huge trip around the country for the (The Lord of all I hold sacred) wife's retirement adventure. So it's two up, a trike, all the necessity paraphernalia (at least 20lbs of party dresses and her mother's silver set) and a camping trailer.
How has the pulley issue been settled in the 2006 and 2007 models? I expect that with all this additional load the weak point in the driveline will be getting a pretty through introduction to the V2000 torque curve. What can I do to bullet proof this problem before it leaves me stranded beside a babbling trout stream in North Dakota 300 miles from Kawasaki land.
Looking forward to your replies,

Dave

dhl
10-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Dave's the name:

Well that time has come and some inner ear problems and the approach of my 7th decade has finally forced me to succumb to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" long aspired wish that I get off two wheels. I have agreed to the purchase of a trike. After 50 years of biking, that started with a Cushman and will end with the sale of my Honda NC700DC my wish is still to bike to the end so compromise seemed the only pro-domestic solution.
I really hate the ride and handling idiosyncrasies of the traditional rear wheel trike so have been looking at the Spyder. The reverse trike concept is the only form I am willing to accept. After riding one and going over the ownership blogs I have decided that they are way too expensive and remarkably over engineered.
So I am going to reverse trike the biggest mother I can (V2000) and that brings me to this forum. (See IDO Endeavor Trikes) Endeavor makes a good product even if they do look like an old Nash with its nose crimped down like it had rear ended a cement truck.
Being large of Spirit (and girth) and small of resources, I need to find a cared for 2006/2007. I expect to be riding a huge trip around the country for the (The Lord of all I hold sacred) wife's retirement adventure. So it's two up, a trike, all the necessity paraphernalia (at least 20lbs of party dresses and her mother's silver set) and a camping trailer.
How has the pulley issue been settled in the 2006 and 2007 models? I expect that with all this additional load the weak point in the driveline will be getting a pretty through introduction to the V2000 torque curve. What can I do to bullet proof this problem before it leaves me stranded beside a babbling trout stream in North Dakota 300 miles from Kawasaki land.
Looking forward to your replies,

Dave

skipsaxe
10-12-2014, 10:35 AM
I have a little over 42K on my 06 and other than tires, oil changes and brake pads have not had any real issues. The rear pulley issue was taken care of in 06 so it's no longer an issue. The only other design flaw is with the dual rectifiers. They are under the radiator close to the ground and water and debris get in there and corrode the connectors. I had to replace the top one a few years ago and now make sure I load the housing up with dielectric grease to avoid a repeat.

Other than that enjoy the power...

rbentnail
10-13-2014, 03:03 PM
merged dupicate threads

Vulcan900
10-15-2014, 03:12 PM
I believe all of them from late 2006 on have the upgraded 2 bearing rear wheel, which was the weak point. There are a few well maintained, low mile units available. I am sure you will be able to find a nice one.