Vibration/Rattling noise question [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Vibration/Rattling noise question

Philippe721
07-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Problem Solved.The rattle came from the plastic piece of the gas tank. It has rubber pads underneath and one of them was missing.

BTRart 750
07-11-2015, 05:18 PM
The vibration noise experienced in your front end sounds briefly intermittent then gone. It may be nothing if just a weird one-timer.

If recurring, however, it would be good to check as follows: (1) sufficient tightness of the front axle nuts, (2) damaged front tire or front rim (3) an unbalanced tire or wheel rim and (4) a worn or damaged front wheel bearing. Those are common indicators of bike wobble/vibration in the front suspension and steering. I would also check the front disc brake caliper and pads for correct alignment too.

minilandrover
07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
It's a shame that some dealers don't treat their customers a bit better. But having guys come in and buy brand new big bikes for loads of cash when they have little bike knowledge is just waving a green flag to get ripped off. Sorry but that's a fact.. So anyway, taking the bike back to the dealer and having a mechanic do a quick ride would be a good idea if they don't charge you 65 bucks for the pleasure..they should do this for free. I certainly would have done when I worked in the industry ( many moons ago ) I would do it to reassure the customer that the dealer is competent and discerning not to mention taking customer safety and care very seriously...I would suggest you take it back if the noise / vibration comes back..and get them to check it out. If they charge tell them you will write to Kawasaki and complain, especially if they tighten up something that was loose and try and charge you for something they should have done when the bike came out the crate..But even the importers can be stupid..had that with HD when i worked for a local dealer who was one of the first to take on HD in the UK. Even as a parts manager I had to threaten to put my own bike on a railer and parade it around London with a sign saying "on the road for 3 months and off the road awaiting parts 3 months.." before the main importer reacted positively and replaced my bike with a new one...
So even us pro's can have a hard time on occasion.

Try and be more precise with the symptoms if it happens again and post a new updated report.. Good luck..

Philippe721
07-28-2015, 02:22 PM
The vibration noise experienced in your front end sounds briefly intermittent then gone. It may be nothing if just a weird one-timer.

If recurring, however, it would be good to check as follows: (1) sufficient tightness of the front axle nuts, (2) damaged front tire or front rim (3) an unbalanced tire or wheel rim and (4) a worn or damaged front wheel bearing. Those are common indicators of bike wobble/vibration in the front suspension and steering. I would also check the front disc brake caliper and pads for correct alignment too.

Thanks for the suggestion

Philippe721
07-28-2015, 02:26 PM