I need help deciding on exhaust for the Voyager [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

I need help deciding on exhaust for the Voyager

Philippe721
10-18-2015, 08:23 AM
I know what you are thinking! "oh, no, not another thread about mufflers !!"

Let's make it simpler this time.

Now that I can afford slip-ons I have a choice to make between two brands.

Here is my dilemma.

I really like the sound of the D&D exhaust but the $710.00 price tag is really steep. On the other hand I like the idea that it is "install and go" with no fuel management to mess with.

So, after reading all of the post I could find AND watching countless videos, I have started to really like the V&H slash cuts, specially at $450.00.

Questions:

Are the V&H easy to install?

Do the V&H require additional stuff like fuel management (which I don't have the knowledge to do myself)?

D&D claims "No tuner needed - just bolt on and go!". Did those who bought them agree with that statement?

Why do you guys think there is such a huge difference in price (other that bigger profit for D&D)? Or is it because their quality is so superior?

Any chance that someone out there has heard both exhausts in person?

Since there is quite a bit price difference, could you all give opinions for both exhausts.

Thanks for the input

2014 Voyager 1700

Lumber-jack
11-07-2015, 11:33 PM
IMO you could use (not need) fuel management without changing the exhaust. If you change the exhaust you should also do fuel. If you had a carb bike you couldn't get away with exhaust only and the fuel management can only do so much. Exhaust is subjective and you are better to make your own decision. Since money seems to be an issue I would recommend the Tri Oval slips ons and the Cobra fuel management system that is plug and play. It's more expensive but you don't have to tinker with it.

MrLynd54
07-08-2018, 07:18 PM
I have a 2014 Kawasaki Vaquero. 2 weeks ago I installed a K&N air filter and the Vance and Hines slash round slip-ons. After riding it for 750 miles in those 2 weeks I have gained 5mpg and the bike runs great. I can not stay off the seat long enough to consider any sort of fuel management. I'm happy, and get lots of compliments. I will send the ECU to Ivan's as soon as I get over the excitement!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk